Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Raffaele <r....@prismasw.it> on 2007/09/24 15:31:45 UTC

Error running Continuum - address already in use ????

Hi all,

I have the following stack trace running Continuum:

jvm 1    | [INFO] Deploying application 'continuum'.
jvm 1    | [INFO] Adding HTTP listener on *:8080
jvm 1    | 15:27:06.754 WARN!! Failed to start: SocketListener0@0.0.0.0:8080
jvm 1    | Error while deploying application
'continuum-plexus-application-1.0.3
.jar'.
jvm 1    | org.codehaus.plexus.application.ApplicationServerException: Could
not
 deploy the JAR
jvm 1    |      at
org.codehaus.plexus.application.deploy.DefaultApplicationDepl
oyer.deployJar(DefaultApplicationDeployer.java:216)
jvm 1    |      at
org.codehaus.plexus.application.deploy.DefaultApplicationDepl
oyer.deploy(DefaultApplicationDeployer.java:136)
jvm 1    |      at
org.codehaus.plexus.application.deploy.DefaultApplicationDepl
oyer.deploy(DefaultApplicationDeployer.java:116)
jvm 1    |      at
org.codehaus.plexus.application.DefaultApplicationServer$2.on
JarDiscovered(DefaultApplicationServer.java:117)
jvm 1    |      at
org.codehaus.plexus.application.supervisor.DefaultSupervisor.
scanDirectory(DefaultSupervisor.java:89)
jvm 1    |      at
org.codehaus.plexus.application.supervisor.DefaultSupervisor.
scan(DefaultSupervisor.java:68)
jvm 1    |      at
org.codehaus.plexus.application.DefaultApplicationServer.star
t(DefaultApplicationServer.java:146)
jvm 1    |      at
org.codehaus.plexus.personality.plexus.lifecycle.phase.StartP
hase.execute(StartPhase.java:16)
jvm 1    |      at
org.codehaus.plexus.lifecycle.AbstractLifecycleHandler.start(
AbstractLifecycleHandler.java:101)
jvm 1    |      at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.manager.AbstractComponentManage
r.startComponentLifecycle(AbstractComponentManager.java:105)
jvm 1    |      at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.manager.AbstractComponentManage
r.createComponentInstance(AbstractComponentManager.java:95)
jvm 1    |      at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.manager.ClassicSingletonCompone
ntManager.getComponent(ClassicSingletonComponentManager.java:92)
jvm 1    |      at
org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.lookup(DefaultPlex
usContainer.java:331)
jvm 1    |      at
org.codehaus.plexus.application.PlexusApplicationHost.start(P
lexusApplicationHost.java:109)
jvm 1    |      at
org.codehaus.plexus.application.PlexusApplicationHost.main(Pl
exusApplicationHost.java:236)
jvm 1    |      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)
jvm 1    |      at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAcces
sorImpl.java:39)
jvm 1    |      at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMet
hodAccessorImpl.java:25)
jvm 1    |      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
jvm 1    |      at
org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.jav
a:315)
jvm 1    |      at
org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:255)
jvm 1    |      at
org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.j
ava:430)
jvm 1    |      at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:375)
jvm 1    |      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)
jvm 1    |      at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAcces
sorImpl.java:39)
jvm 1    |      at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMet
hodAccessorImpl.java:25)
jvm 1    |      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
jvm 1    |      at
org.tanukisoftware.wrapper.WrapperSimpleApp.run(WrapperSimple
App.java:136)
jvm 1    |      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
jvm 1    | Caused by:
org.codehaus.plexus.service.jetty.ServletContainerExceptio
n: Error while starting listener on address: 'null', port: 8080.
jvm 1    |      at
org.codehaus.plexus.service.jetty.JettyServletContainer.addLi
stener(JettyServletContainer.java:161)
jvm 1    |      at
org.codehaus.plexus.service.jetty.JettyPlexusService.afterApp
licationStart(JettyPlexusService.java:191)
jvm 1    |      at
org.codehaus.plexus.application.deploy.DefaultApplicationDepl
oyer.deployApplicationDirectory(DefaultApplicationDeployer.java:385)
jvm 1    |      at
org.codehaus.plexus.application.deploy.DefaultApplicationDepl
oyer.deployJar(DefaultApplicationDeployer.java:212)
jvm 1    |      ... 28 more
jvm 1    | Caused by: java.net.BindException: Address already in use:
JVM_Bind

I have already tried to change the port number in applciation.xml inside
"continuum installation dir"\apps\continuum\conf.

I'm sure to have the 8080 port free.

Any hint?
Thansk in advance, best regards.
Raffaele

RE: Error running Continuum - address already in use ????

Posted by Petter Måhlén <pe...@jadestone.se>.
Sometimes, I've had problems with MSN/ICQ/other chat clients allocating port 8080. You could try shutting them down first before you start Continuum.

"netstat -a" will show you which ports are occupied by which programs, that could be a hint.

/ Petter

Posted by Raffaele <r....@prismasw.it>.
Now, incredibly it works but I did nothing of helpful, I didn't close Skype,
I did'nt restart my pc....

A H Y E A H my friends!

Posted by olivier lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Hi,
> [...]

> >> jvm 1    |      at
> >> org.codehaus.plexus.service.jetty.JettyServletContainer.addLi
> >> stener(JettyServletContainer.java:161)
> >> jvm 1    |      at
> >> org.codehaus.plexus.service.jetty.JettyPlexusService.afterApp
> >> licationStart(JettyPlexusService.java:191)
> >> jvm 1    |      at
> >> org.codehaus.plexus.application.deploy.DefaultApplicationDepl
> >> oyer.deployApplicationDirectory(DefaultApplicationDeployer.java:385)
> >> jvm 1    |      at
> >> org.codehaus.plexus.application.deploy.DefaultApplicationDepl
> >> oyer.deployJar(DefaultApplicationDeployer.java:212)
> >> jvm 1    |      ... 28 more
> >> jvm 1    | Caused by: java.net.BindException: Address already in use:
> >> JVM_Bind
> >>
> >> I have already tried to change the port number in applciation.xmlinside
> >> "continuum installation dir"\apps\continuum\conf.

Olivier

Re: Error running Continuum - address already in use ????

Posted by Raffaele <r....@prismasw.it>.

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.