Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Raible, Matt" <Ma...@cable.comcast.com> on 2003/01/17 17:31:22 UTC

ConnectionPool with Oracle - connection timeout

I am using Tomcat's JDBCRealm as well as a DBCP Connection pool.  I am
connecting to Oracle 9, and everything works fine - for about 24 hours.
I've experienced this with MySQL and adding autoReconnect=true to the
connectionURL fixed the problem.  However, adding this to Oracle's
connectionURL causes a "Cannot load JDBC driver class 'null'".

My connectionURL is:

jdbc:oracle:thin:username/password@host:1521:sid

Thanks,

Matt

RE: ConnectionPool with Oracle - connection timeout

Posted by Filip Hanik <ma...@filip.net>.
jdbc:oracle:thin:username/password@host:1521:sid

is an invalid URL. password doesn't belong in the url
at least I don't think so :)
Filip

~
Namaste - I bow to the divine in you