Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by Simon Farner <s....@bluewin.ch> on 2016/04/12 13:48:16 UTC

Does Cayenne 4.0.3M work on JellyBean 4.0?

Hello everybody

I built a working ORM setup on my server application. I now would like
to clone the project into our Android application, switching the back
end to sqlite. We aim to support phones starting from JellyBean 4.0.

The gradle project builds without failure, but when I try to create
objects from a ObjectContext the app just crashes silently. No
exceptions I tried using derby as backend to rule out trouble with the
sqlite setup in Android, but this crashes too. I start to suspect that
Cayenne simply does not work with JellyBean, does it? I would love to
provide some more detail but somehow the Android Studio does not
provide any information on what failed.

Is there anyone who got Cayenne 4.0.3M working on Android 4.0? Or is it
known to cause trouble?

Greetings and thank you for helping
Simon

Re: Does Cayenne 4.0.3M work on JellyBean 4.0?

Posted by John Huss <jo...@gmail.com>.
Here is the Cayenne issue about Android support.  You can follow those
steps to get a working version.  I only tried using ROP to access a remote
server, but accessing a local database should work too.

John

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Posted by Simon Farner <s....@bluewin.ch>.
Wow rtt is amazing on this list. Thank your for this quick answer

> The next version of Android will be though
So we are talking Android 7.0 ? That's somewhat unfortunate.

Posted by John Huss <jo...@gmail.com>.