Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/26 01:34:47 UTC

Re: data loss occurred sometimes when configured primary-backups with full_async

Hi,

Please properly subscribe to the mailing list so that the community can
receive email notifications for your messages. To subscribe, send empty
email to user-subscribe@ignite.apache.org and follow simple instructions in
the reply.

seyeon.yoon wrote
> i faced a problem newly while i was testing the data-grid on the apache
> ignite v1.7.0.
> i have a test cluster system with 3 nodes with the following
> configurations.
>
> i tried to put 100K records of Person object from examples in client mode.
> however i got some data losses sometimes. if i configured with
> PRIMARY_SYNC, i found 100,000 records correctly every time.
> is it normal or did i something wrong? could someone help me on this
> problem?

Not sure why this is happening, but what is the reason for using FULL_ASYNC?
Basically, in this mode you don't have any information about how the update
goes and any exception will result in the data loss. If you need
asynchronous execution, I recommend to use withAsync() method [1] and get
the future to check the status of update.

[1] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/async-support

-Val

Re: data loss occurred sometimes when configured primary-backups with full_async

Posted by seyeony <se...@gmail.com>.
hi alexey,
thank you very much for your valuable advice.
it works fine.

-seyeon

Re: data loss occurred sometimes when configured primary-backups with full_async

Posted by Alexey Goncharuk <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

In FULL_ASYNC mode the API call returns before the update message is sent
to a remote node, let alone the response receipt from the remote node. This
means that in FULL_ASYNC mode you can stop your client even before the grid
knows that you wanted to put something in the cache. You need to use some
of the mechanisms Ignite provides to make sure your updates are written to
the grid.

I suggest using IgniteDataStreamer in order to populate caches, it will
give you required guarantees and good performance. Please refer
to org.apache.ignite.examples.datagrid.CacheDataStreamerExample.

--AG