Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Felix Meschberger <fm...@adobe.com> on 2012/11/07 12:53:15 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Felix Declarative Services 1.6.2

Hi

Here is the Apache Felix Declarative Services 1.6.2 release implementing the most recent Declarative Services Specification Version 1.2.

Please note, that this is the first Java 5 only release of this bundle. Going forward we will completely switch over to only supporting Java 5. If there should ever be a request from the community to create a build suitable for pre-Java 5 platforms we will branch of the 1.6.2 release tag and create a Java 1.4 build from the branch (as of now, there is no such request).

I want to particularly thank David Jencks and Pierre De Rop for their hard work tracking down a number of nasty concurrency issues !

The issues completed in this release are listed in the release notes at (also attached at the end of this message):
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310100&version=12315248

Staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachefelix-029/

You can use this UNIX script to download the release and verify the signatures:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/felix/trunk/check_staged_release.sh

Usage:
sh check_staged_release.sh 029 /tmp/felix-staging

Please vote to approve this release:

[ ] +1 Release
[ ] -1 Don't release, because ...

Regards
Felix

Release Notes - Felix - Version scr-1.6.2

** Sub-task
    * [FELIX-3650] - Don't log a warn message for Configuration Admin LOCATION_CHANGED event

** Bug
    * [FELIX-2578] - Declarative Services bundle does not start without Configuration Admin API wired
    * [FELIX-2821] - Component service references not unbound in reverse order (breaks compendium spec 112.5.15)
    * [FELIX-2823] - Uncaught exception in case of circular service reference
    * [FELIX-2824] - Components that have a ConfigurationPolicy value of REQUIRE fail to activate
    * [FELIX-2926] - No log message on missing activate method
    * [FELIX-2944] - SCR/ spec version 1.1-felix is causing NPE in XmlHandler
    * [FELIX-2962] - SCR doesn't detect invalid XML
    * [FELIX-2992] - scr 1.6.1-SNAPSHOT: impossible to build due to obsolete dependencies
    * [FELIX-3039] - SCR cleans up delayed service components too aggressively
    * [FELIX-3086] - IllegalArgumentException in PropertyMetadata.setValues()
    * [FELIX-3087] - Given invalid value, but the property isn't invalid.
    * [FELIX-3089] - A component without ServicePermissions cannot be registered as a service
    * [FELIX-3090] - SCR factory components ignore reference target filters
    * [FELIX-3093] - SCR project does not build on machines with empty M2 repository
    * [FELIX-3108] - SCR doesn't cope when the DS xml is not encoded using the default platform encoding.
    * [FELIX-3126] - SCR activates a service component while the containing bundle is stopping.
    * [FELIX-3288] - NPE when component exposed as a service with servicefactory = true
    * [FELIX-3307] - NPE in DependencyManager.invokeBindMethod
    * [FELIX-3317] - Concurrency issue during Component Service registration
    * [FELIX-3325] - Finding activate/deactivate/modified methods has numerous problems
    * [FELIX-3409] - with permissions enabled, AbstractComponentManager.verifyDependencyManagers is wrong.
    * [FELIX-3410] - ImmediateComponentManager should use any non-ignored configuration to try to activate a component.
    * [FELIX-3456] - Component ignores required static service addition when in Activating state
    * [FELIX-3533] - Strip out . properties when a lifecycle method returns service properties
    * [FELIX-3534] - ServiceFactory components don't deal with ConfigurationAdmin updates properly
    * [FELIX-3535] - Minor DS cleanup fixes
    * [FELIX-3536] - Consider putting the non-spec ComponentFactory behavior in a separate class
    * [FELIX-3557] - Tests for DS circular dependency behavior
    * [FELIX-3559] - [DS] first register immediate components' service, then create the implementation object per spec
    * [FELIX-3625] - "officially" upgrade scr to ds 1.2 from compendium 4.3
    * [FELIX-3637] - DS bind concurrency problem
    * [FELIX-3639] - SCR "need write lock" assertion error
    * [FELIX-3646] - AbstractComponent.disposeInternal ignores reason
    * [FELIX-3647] - Component modification must continue if modify method throws
    * [FELIX-3648] - A component declared with DS 1.0 or DS 1.1 namespace must fail validation if Reference.updated attribute is declared
    * [FELIX-3649] - Remove ct.workaround property and support
    * [FELIX-3657] - [DS] ServiceFactory problems
    * [FELIX-3658] - [DS] disableing a component that is a dependency of another results in an IllegalStateException
    * [FELIX-3659] - [DS] Share the method objects among all the dependency managers and component managers for the same class
    * [FELIX-3675] - [DS] NPE shutting down a component due to service already removed
    * [FELIX-3676] - [DS] misleading logging on first immediate component getService call
    * [FELIX-3681] - [DS] Dependencies are not dropped when implemention object is discarded
    * [FELIX-3697] - [DS] create all the components in a bundle before enabling them
    * [FELIX-3698] - [DS] code simplification for BundleComponentActivator.getSelectedComponents
    * [FELIX-3704] - [DS] ds shutdown should wait for ComponentActorThread task queue to complete before finishing
    * [FELIX-3710] - [DS] don't try to activate for a service event for an optional reference
    * [FELIX-3717] - [DS] unbind method might not have correct parameters
    * [FELIX-3718] - [DS] deactivate might not move component state to unsatisfied
    * [FELIX-3719] - [DS]  disabling a dependency manager should not reset the service count
    * [FELIX-3723] - ClassCastException on ConfigurationAdmin service creating components
    * [FELIX-3724] - [DS] concurrent getService calls may return null
    * [FELIX-3725] - [DS] hidden dependency on spring junit wrapper from pax exam
    * [FELIX-3726] - Reference target filters defined as component properties are ignored
    * [FELIX-3727] - [DS] NPE during shutdown
    * [FELIX-3744] - [DS] Component should set implementation object before propagating changed service properties

** Improvement
    * [FELIX-2895] - Allow the use of a property to tell SCR to always discover Service Component files even if there's no wildcard in the name
    * [FELIX-3016] - Activator log level cannot be changed dynamically through Configuration Admin
    * [FELIX-3232] - Re-Import SCR Service API
    * [FELIX-3371] - update scr build to recent pax components
    * [FELIX-3377] - Allow a component to update its own service properties
    * [FELIX-3506] - SCR bind/unbind/update methods should be able to return a map of service properties like the activate/deactivate/modified methods.s
    * [FELIX-3569] - Improve configured method handling for ComponentFactory instances
    * [FELIX-3662] - [DS] use backport-util-concurrenct instead of concurrent for pre java 5 compatibility
    * [FELIX-3677] - [DS] in the scr command info operation, show the bound service references

** New Feature
    * [FELIX-2712] - [SCR] Add Gogo command support
    * [FELIX-3507] - scr greedy and reluctant policy options from compendium 4.3
    * [FELIX-3524] - SCR configuration-pid from compendium 4.3

** Task
    * [FELIX-2539] - Include DEPENDENCIES file in distributables
    * [FELIX-2553] - Reconsider logging/log levels
    * [FELIX-2903] - Inline required KXml classes
    * [FELIX-3158] - Upgrade to Felix parent POM 2.1 and use managed ant plugin version
    * [FELIX-3527] - Add Java API usage check
    * [FELIX-3668] - Revert Rev. 1381440 "restore previous behavior when a bind method cannot be found"
    * [FELIX-3679] - Component names need not be globally unique any more
    * [FELIX-3747] - Cleanup maven project setup

** Wish
    * [FELIX-1747] - Use Remote Resources Plugin to generate the legal files

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Felix Declarative Services 1.6.2

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
+1 (non binding)

david jencks

Posted by Clement Escoffier <cl...@gmail.com>.
+1,

Regards,

Clement

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
+1

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Felix Declarative Services 1.6.2

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1 (non binding)

Posted by David Bosschaert <da...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non binding)

David

[RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache Felix Declarative Services 1.6.2

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@adobe.com>.
Hi

Time to tally the vote:

  +1 Felix Meschberger*, David Bosschaert, Jean-Baptiste Onofré,
     Carsten Ziegeler*, Clement Escoffier*, Pierre De Rop,
     David Jencks
   0 -
  -1 -

This votes passes with 7+ (3 of which binding) votes.

Thanks for your votes.

I will continue publishing the release.

Regards
Felix