Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/18 19:56:41 UTC

[C++] compilation failure on 32bit OS?

Just in case this is actually of any importance to anyone and doesn't get
looked at because of the prior subject, I mentioned the below compilation
failure in another email thread yesterday. On the face of it, it appears to
relate to the AMQP 1.0 filter codes and occur because I was using a lowly
VM running 32bit Fedora 12 at the time. Was I doing something wrong
(besides using ancient software ;p), or is it an actual issue needing fixed?

libtool: compile:  g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -I../include -I.
-I=. -Werror -pedantic -Wall -Wextra -Wno-shadow -Wpointer-arith
-Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wno-long-long -Wvolatile-register-var
-Winvalid-pch -Wno-system-headers -Woverloaded-virtual
-DBOOST_FILESYSTEM_VERSION=2 -g -O2 -MT qpid/amqp/SaslClient.lo -MD -MP -MF
qpid/amqp/.deps/SaslClient.Tpo -c qpid/amqp/SaslClient.cpp  -fPIC -DPIC -o
qpid/amqp/.libs/SaslClient.o
cc1plus: warnings being treated as errors
In file included from qpid/amqp/MessageEncoder.cpp:23:
./qpid/amqp/descriptors.h:82: error: integer constant is too large for
‘long’ type
./qpid/amqp/descriptors.h:83: error: integer constant is too large for
‘long’ type
make[3]: *** [qpid/amqp/MessageEncoder.lo] Error 1
cc1plus: warnings being treated as errors
In file included from qpid/amqp/MessageReader.cpp:24:
./qpid/amqp/descriptors.h:82: error: integer constant is too large for
‘long’ type
./qpid/amqp/descriptors.h:83: error: integer constant is too large for
‘long’ type
make[3]: *** [qpid/amqp/MessageReader.lo] Error 1
cc1plus: warnings being treated as errors
In file included from qpid/amqp/SaslClient.cpp:25:
./qpid/amqp/descriptors.h:82: error: integer constant is too large for
‘long’ type
./qpid/amqp/descriptors.h:83: error: integer constant is too large for
‘long’ type
make[3]: *** [qpid/amqp/SaslClient.lo] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/gemmellr/workspace/qpid.git/qpid/cpp/src'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/gemmellr/workspace/qpid.git/qpid/cpp/src'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/gemmellr/workspace/qpid.git/qpid/cpp/src'

Robbie

Re: [C++] compilation failure on 32bit OS?

Posted by Ken Giusti <kg...@redhat.com>.
Well, that's embarrassing.

Had I actually *looked* at the code, it would've been obvious.

Hit the same errors on my up-to-date Centos5 i386 box.  Fix submitted to trunk.

Thanks Robbie (and your dusty old Vm) for finding that.

-K

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Darryl L. Pierce" <dp...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
Ok great, just wanted to check it wasn't a general issue.

Robbie

Posted by Ken Giusti <kg...@redhat.com>.