Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Daniele Marco Bevar <be...@mondorondo.com> on 2007/06/02 00:09:35 UTC

Tomcat changing date format in catalina.out after restart

Hi,

my client have Apache 2.0.40, Tomcat 5.0.19 on a redhat 8.0 3.2-7 (2.4.20-28-8) and tomcat works on a distant oracle db.

the client called me because his tomcat/oracle application giving various problems.

We restarted the server but the tomcat log disk was full (/usr), so it wasn't better.
After doing cleaning of this disk, we restarted again the server.

>From this moment catalina.out stopped putting date in french/24h (LC* = fr_CH) and started in english/12h
Here a piece from catalina.out with the last french date and the first english one
29 mai 2007 14:33:10 org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager doLoad
GRAVE: "IOException" lors du chargement des sessions persistantes: java.io.EOFException
java.io.EOFException
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream$PeekInputStream.readFully(ObjectInputStream.java:2165)
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream$BlockDataInputStream.readShort(ObjectInputStream.java:2631)
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readStreamHeader(ObjectInputStream.java:734)
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.<init>(May 29, 2007 2:48:39 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol init
INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on port 8080
May 29, 2007 2:48:39 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina load
INFO: Initialization processed in 1751 ms
>From there we have Oracle giving problem accepting dates.
Catalina.out his full from 2004 with french dates. Nothing else than a disk full error has changed on the server from 3 years now.
I suppose the two events related.
The system locale hasn't changed.
catalina.out continue now in english.
The server gives dates in french and 24h
# date
ven jun  1 17:07:31 CEST 2007
How this can be happen?

Thanks a lot for your help
Daniele Marco Bevar
Mondo Rondo Web Factory
http://www.mondorondo.com/

Re: Tomcat changing date format in catalina.out after restart

Posted by Daniele Marco Bevar <be...@mondorondo.com>.
Dear Rainer

simply great,

it's exact that the guy who restart the server did it restarting services with webmin.
Not as the good user. As he told me he rebooted the server I didn't saw the mistake.

Thanks a lot for your helpful suggestions.

Regards

Daniele

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.