Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Yash Ganthe <ya...@gmail.com> on 2023/01/13 04:33:46 UTC

How to transfer messages, each at a specific time?

Hi,

I have about 10K messages in a CSV file. Each message has an associated
timestamp for it. When the time is reached, I want the message delivered to
an MQ. The timestamps are not uniformly spread. Is this possible with
Apache Camel? Which components need to be used to achieve this?

Regards,
Yash

Re: How to transfer messages, each at a specific time?

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jan 13, 2023 at 9:47 AM Yash Ganthe <ya...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for pointing it out. Does Camel make it easier to inject the
> messages on MQ with a delivery delay? Does the code become more structured
> with Camel as compared with using JMS directly?

Have you used Camel before?
If you have then you will start to understand how it abstracts a lot of
complexity and underlying APIs in a structured way.

In Artemis you set a header as follows
https://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/documentation/latest/scheduled-messages.html

And in AMQ classic
https://activemq.apache.org/delay-and-schedule-message-delivery

If you only need JMS then you may just want to use JMS directly and program.

However when you need multiple systems to be integrated and structure this
using integration patterns, and reduce coding.
Then Camel can be something to consider.

Also Camel is becoming more and more powerful for low-code and non Java
developers, so they would also be able to design integrations,
and with little coding in other languages (or some java).

If these folks were to use JMS API and Java programming then they would
feel like they are gone back 10 years to the J2EE days.

> Regards,
> Yash
>
> On Fri, 13 Jan 2023 at 11:37, Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > ActiveMQ has scheduled message delivery, take a look at that.
> >

> > On Fri, Jan 13, 2023 at 5:34 AM Yash Ganthe <ya...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I have about 10K messages in a CSV file. Each message has an associated
> > > timestamp for it. When the time is reached, I want the message
> delivered
> > > an MQ. The timestamps are not uniformly spread. Is this possible with
> > > Apache Camel? Which components need to be used to achieve this?
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Yash
> > >

> > --
> > Claus Ibsen
> > -----------------
> > @davsclaus

Claus Ibsen
@davsclaus

Re: How to transfer messages, each at a specific time?

Posted by Yash Ganthe <ya...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi