Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rob Hartill <ha...@ooo.lanl.gov> on 1995/06/10 03:19:17 UTC

Apache 0.7.2h on Cardiff soon.

We might get 0.7.2h running at Cardiff this weekend. I just
setup a copy at thrall.cm.cf.ac.uk:8123, with 5 children, and it
didn't fall over (it should still be there now). The network into
and out of the UK's accademic network is flakey, so I couldn't
bombard it with normal requests too quickly. I hit >700 different
URLs there, a mixture of icons, cgi, plain HTML, XBITHACK html,
directory listings, hostname protected dirs...

I expect it to be switched on at www.cm.cf.ac.uk:80 at the weekend -
monday at the latest, then I think it can stay on permanently.

Cardiff runs SunOs on a Sparc 5 and gets ~125,000 hits on a good
network day...   200k here we come.

If you play with the server on :8123, beware of reloads and missing /
redirects, the server announces itself as www.cm.cf.ac.uk, which is
on another machine... that gave me a fright for a while.

--
Rob Hartill
http://nqcd.lanl.gov/~hartill/