Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Jean-Paul Natola <jn...@familycareintl.org> on 2005/07/07 22:30:13 UTC

SA training

Hi everyone,

I'm new to SA so I need a bit of help in configuring /training

SA-

The problem I have is that I do not keep any mail in the SA box- it forwards
to my mail server-

What method can I use to train it?

Jean-Paul Natola
Network Administrator
Information Technology
Family Care International
588 Broadway Suite 503
New York, NY 10012
Phone:212-941-5300 xt 36
Fax:  212-941-5563
Mailto: Jnatola@Familycareintl.org

Re: SA training

Posted by Stuart Johnston <st...@ebby.com>.
JamesDR wrote:
> Jean-Paul Natola wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>> I'm new to SA so I need a bit of help in configuring /training
>>
>> SA-
>>
>> The problem I have is that I do not keep any mail in the SA box- it
>> forwards
>> to my mail server-
>>
>> What method can I use to train it?
>>

> Since you are forwarding onto an exchange server, some have setup imap
> folders for users to drag spam/ham to to be trained. There is some stuff
> in the Wiki about how to do just this with an exchange server, also
> there has been quite a bit of discussion on this list as well. There are
> many options open to you...

Another option would be to use something like Maia Mailguard which
temporarily stores all messages on the filtering server.  Users can log
into the web interface periodically to check the quarantine and train
the other messages.

http://www.renaissoft.com/maia/

Re: SA training

Posted by JamesDR <ja...@trusswood.net>.
Jean-Paul Natola wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm new to SA so I need a bit of help in configuring /training
>
> SA-
>
> The problem I have is that I do not keep any mail in the SA box- it forwards
> to my mail server-
>
> What method can I use to train it?
>

> Jean-Paul Natola
> Network Administrator
> Information Technology
> Family Care International
> 588 Broadway Suite 503
> New York, NY 10012
> Phone:212-941-5300 xt 36
> Fax:  212-941-5563
> Mailto: Jnatola@Familycareintl.org

Since you are forwarding onto an exchange server, some have setup imap
folders for users to drag spam/ham to to be trained. There is some stuff
in the Wiki about how to do just this with an exchange server, also
there has been quite a bit of discussion on this list as well. There are
many options open to you...

James