Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Andy Hester <ah...@galacticltd.com> on 2004/12/21 16:10:09 UTC

custom rules

Hello all,

            I'm setting up a new spam gateway with amvisd-new and
spamassassin.  Where do I need to put custom rules/scoring in order to
be used correctly.  I would like to use for example rules from sare and
weight it so that some things such as the adult rules will be visibly
increased.  That is if I sent a message to myself from a webmail account
with a bunch of sexual content in the subject line I want to see the
score jump up in my mail log so I know that the rule is working and that
I can tune the scoring.  In short I need some info on how/where to use
and tweak custom rules.   Any tips or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Andy Hester

Network Engineer

Galactic, LTD

Re: custom rules

Posted by Jim Maul <jm...@elih.org>.
Andy Hester wrote:
> Hello all,
>
>             I’m setting up a new spam gateway with amvisd-new and
> spamassassin.  Where do I need to put custom rules/scoring in order to
> be used correctly.  I would like to use for example rules from sare and
> weight it so that some things such as the adult rules will be visibly
> increased.  That is if I sent a message to myself from a webmail account
> with a bunch of sexual content in the subject line I want to see the
> score jump up in my mail log so I know that the rule is working and that
> I can tune the scoring.  In short I need some info on how/where to use
> and tweak custom rules.   Any tips or help would be greatly appreciated.

The SA website www.spamassassin.org might be a good place to look.
Particularly http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/WhereDoLocalSettingsGo

Did you even check the website first?  How about the ML archives?

-Jim