Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Ramprakash Ramamoorthy <yo...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/20 14:29:07 UTC

Weighted Naive Bayes Algorithm

Dear all,

           I am using Naive Bayes classifier for my sentiment analysis on
customer support. But unfortunately I don't have huge annotated data sets
in the customer support domain. But I have a little amount of annotated
data in the same domain(around 100 positive and 100 negative). And I have
the amazon product review data set as well.

           Is there anyway can I implement a weighted naive bayes
classifier using mahout as mentioned in
this<http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&ved=0CFIQFjAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cs.waikato.ac.nz%2F~eibe%2Fpubs%2FUAI_200.pdf&ei=7YvwTprnI8rMrQelmJzWDw&usg=AFQjCNFqWxTYVxqSLTH8ULZvAPqyvDHhXw&sig2=jxLnRoUZhK5OVQ1KCCGj9A>,
so that I can give more weight to the small set of customer support data
and small weight to the amazon product review data. A training on the above
weighted data set would drastically improve accuracy I guess. Kindly help
me with the same.

--
With Thanks and Regards,
Ramprakash Ramamoorthy,

Re: Weighted Naive Bayes Algorithm

Posted by Ramprakash Ramamoorthy <yo...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 1:00 AM, Isabel Drost <is...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 20.12.2011 Ramprakash Ramamoorthy wrote:
> >            I am using Naive Bayes classifier for my sentiment analysis on
> > customer support. But unfortunately I don't have huge annotated data sets
> > in the customer support domain.
>
> If your training set is small - why not use e.g. SGD instead of Naive
> Bayes?
>

> Isabel

Actually my training set is small. But the actual data to be classified is
huge :(

Posted by Isabel Drost <is...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ramprakash Ramamoorthy <yo...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 6:59 PM, Ramprakash Ramamoorthy <
youngestachiever@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
>            I am using Naive Bayes classifier for my sentiment analysis on
> customer support. But unfortunately I don't have huge annotated data sets
> in the customer support domain. But I have a little amount of annotated
> data in the same domain(around 100 positive and 100 negative). And I have
> the amazon product review data set as well.
>
>            Is there anyway can I implement a weighted naive bayes
> classifier using mahout as mentioned in this<http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&ved=0CFIQFjAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cs.waikato.ac.nz%2F~eibe%2Fpubs%2FUAI_200.pdf&ei=7YvwTprnI8rMrQelmJzWDw&usg=AFQjCNFqWxTYVxqSLTH8ULZvAPqyvDHhXw&sig2=jxLnRoUZhK5OVQ1KCCGj9A>,
> so that I can give more weight to the small set of customer support data
> and small weight to the amazon product review data. A training on the above
> weighted data set would drastically improve accuracy I guess. Kindly help
> me with the same.
>

> --
> With Thanks and Regards,
> Ramprakash Ramamoorthy,