Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Lieven Govaerts <lg...@mobsol.be> on 2006/08/26 14:27:00 UTC

Cleanup trunk: move notes/old to developer-resources/vcdiff

Hi,

in notes/old there are some old files, apparently containing some info
on the VCDIFF format.

I suppose that this information is obsolete, so I'd like to move the
folder to developer-resources/difftools/vcdiff.

Any objections? Approvals?

Lieven.

Re: Cleanup trunk: move notes/old to developer-resources/vcdiff

Posted by Lieven Govaerts <sv...@mobsol.be>.
Max Bowsher wrote:

> Agree that they should leave trunk.
>
> However, difftools seems specific to tools, not algorithms, and we will
> probably have other obsolete notes in the future, so how about:
>

> rs=http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn
> svn mkdir $rs/developer-resources/obsolete-notes
> svn mv $rs/trunk/notes/old/draft-korn-vcdiff-01.txt \
>        $rs/developer-resources/obsolete-notes/
> svn mv $rs/trunk/notes/old/karlnotes \
>        $rs/developer-resources/obsolete-notes/vcdiff-karlnotes
> svn rm $rs/trunk/notes/old

Committed in r21282.

Posted by Max Bowsher <ma...@ukf.net>.
Lieven Govaerts wrote:
> Hi,
>

> in notes/old there are some old files, apparently containing some info
> on the VCDIFF format.
>
> I suppose that this information is obsolete, so I'd like to move the
> folder to developer-resources/difftools/vcdiff.
>
> Any objections? Approvals?

Agree that they should leave trunk.

However, difftools seems specific to tools, not algorithms, and we will
probably have other obsolete notes in the future, so how about:

rs=http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn
svn mkdir $rs/developer-resources/obsolete-notes
svn mv $rs/trunk/notes/old/draft-korn-vcdiff-01.txt \
       $rs/developer-resources/obsolete-notes/
svn mv $rs/trunk/notes/old/karlnotes \
       $rs/developer-resources/obsolete-notes/vcdiff-karlnotes
svn rm $rs/trunk/notes/old

Max.