Posted to dev@onami.apache.org by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/02 16:31:05 UTC

Thoughts on graduation

Hi folks,

I think we have a small but active community. We already made 2 tiny
releases, 2 others are blocked by missing necessary votes from the
IPMC.

We have voted on 2 new committers and I believe we have made a good
bunch of things already.

I think we are heading fast into graduation and becoming a top level
project ourselves. We could say, we have a couple of long term asf
people on board, and even when our asf newcomers have not learned
everything, the oldtimers will take care. So far I strongly believe
everybody here is working well with the ASF way and we can deal out
our problems without a big deal.

That said, we need to perform a couple of tasks, mainly listed on the
status page.

http://incubator.apache.org/projects/onami.html

Some of them can be probably solved easily when knowing about the
projects history. I am asking long-term contributors to read through
the open issues and let us know if we can toggle something.

Please let me know, thanks!

Christian

--
http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de

Re: Thoughts on graduation

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
Hi

On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 1:58 PM, Mohammad Nour El-Din
<no...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 4:31 PM, Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>wrote:
>> I think we have a small but active community. We already made 2 tiny
>> releases, 2 others are blocked by missing necessary votes from the
>> IPMC.
>
> Which ones you are referring to ? The most recent one has already the
> required 3 (binding) votes from all the mentors, which AFAIK are enough to
> accept the release by the IPMC as no one objected about it
>
> Which is the second one ?

please don't mind any longer on this - I responded to a pretty old
mail (look at the date) and this is no longer valid.

Cheers,
Christian

--
http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de

Re: Thoughts on graduation

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
Hi

On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 2:17 PM, Christoph Engelbert
<no...@apache.org>wrote:

> Am 10.03.2013 13:58, schrieb Mohammad Nour El-Din:
> > Hi
> >

> > On Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 4:31 PM, Christian Grobmeier <grobmeier@gmail.com
> >wrote:
> >
> >> Hi folks,
> >>
> >> I think we have a small but active community. We already made 2 tiny
> >> releases, 2 others are blocked by missing necessary votes from the
> >> IPMC.
> >>
> > Which ones you are referring to ? The most recent one has already the
> > required 3 (binding) votes from all the mentors, which AFAIK are enough
> > accept the release by the IPMC as no one objected about it
> >
> > Which is the second one ?
> I guess he's talking about me since I did not had time yet to bring
> the factory annotations from incubation to default repository :-)
>
> @Jordan:
> Have you already merged your AutoBind project to Onami? If so it
> would be nice to coordinate in mixing in the factory annotation
> stuff. At least my stuff will still need Guice 3.1x / 4.x baseline.

OK but is there a release already rolled out for that ?

--
Thanks
- Mohammad Nour

Re: Thoughts on graduation

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com>.
Not yet. I'm still working on getting Governator's Lifecycle stuff merged.

-JZ

Re: Thoughts on graduation

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
<no...@apache.org> wrote:
> Am 10.03.2013 13:58, schrieb Mohammad Nour El-Din:
>> Hi
>>

>> On Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 4:31 PM, Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi folks,
>>>
>>> I think we have a small but active community. We already made 2 tiny
>>> releases, 2 others are blocked by missing necessary votes from the
>>> IPMC.
>>>
>> Which ones you are referring to ? The most recent one has already the
>> required 3 (binding) votes from all the mentors, which AFAIK are enough to
>> accept the release by the IPMC as no one objected about it
>>
>> Which is the second one ?
> I guess he's talking about me since I did not had time yet to bring
> the factory annotations from incubation to default repository :-)

Actually forgive me, I should have deleted the old portion of the old
e-mail and just quote the one thing i was responding.
I spok on parent-2 and Onami Logging i think. But this is history.

Cheers

--
http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de

Re: Thoughts on graduation

Posted by Christoph Engelbert <no...@apache.org>.

Re: Thoughts on graduation

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
Hi

--
Thanks
- Mohammad Nour

Re: Thoughts on graduation

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 5:30 PM, Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi again mate,
>
>> http://incubator.apache.org/projects/onami.html
>
> about Copyright:
>
>  * "Check and make sure that the papers that transfer rights to the
> ASF been received. It is only necessary to transfer rights for the
> package, the core code, and any new code produced by the project."
>
> the SGA I sent to secretary@ has been acknowledged on Fri, Oct 26,
> 2012 at 5:01 AM
>
>  * "Check and make sure that the files that have been donated have
> been updated to reflect the new ASF copyright."
>
> uh not sure which date we have to fill here... how can we establish it?

Sorry, didn't see the question.

I am currently filling a few slots in the status page and put todays
date here. i did basically look at all package names and we have had
some effort to put in all the necessary headers (covered by
checkstyle). Anyway, we should use RAT in future, and of course we'll
test all our releases. Therefore if we have something wrong in our
code, it will pop up and we can treat it as bug.

Thanks for the SGA date, I add it to the status page.

Re: Thoughts on graduation

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
Hi again mate,

> http://incubator.apache.org/projects/onami.html

about Copyright:

 * "Check and make sure that the papers that transfer rights to the
ASF been received. It is only necessary to transfer rights for the
package, the core code, and any new code produced by the project."

the SGA I sent to secretary@ has been acknowledged on Fri, Oct 26,
2012 at 5:01 AM

 * "Check and make sure that the files that have been donated have
been updated to reflect the new ASF copyright."

uh not sure which date we have to fill here... how can we establish it?

TIA!
-Simo

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
http://www.99soft.org/

Re: Thoughts on graduation

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
Hi mate!

> So far I strongly believe
> everybody here is working well with the ASF way and we can deal out
> our problems without a big deal.

+1 the bigger part of the community is already involved in other ASF
projects, so I don't have any worry as well about if the community
behaves according the ASF way.

> That said, we need to perform a couple of tasks, mainly listed on the
> status page.
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/projects/onami.html
>
> Some of them can be probably solved easily when knowing about the
> projects history. I am asking long-term contributors to read through
> the open issues and let us know if we can toggle something.

Doing it right now, thanks!