Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Garrison, Jim (ETW)" <Ji...@nike.com> on 2012/08/03 20:08:34 UTC

Illegal character in path when using version range in plugins section

According to http://maven.apache.org/ref/3.0.3/maven-model/maven.html#class_plugin, which is linked from the

    <build>
      <plugins>
        <plugin>

section of the model description, you can specify a version range in a plugin version.  But when I try to do this, as shown below, I get

    [ERROR] Plugin org.jibx:jibx-maven-plugin:[1.2.3,) or one of its dependencies could not be resolved:
      Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.jibx:jibx-maven-plugin:jar:[1.2.3,):
      Could not transfer artifact org.jibx:jibx-maven-plugin:pom:[1.2.3,) from/to all-repos
      (http://obfuscated-hostname/artifactory/all-repos): IllegalArgumentException: Illegal character in path at index 78:
      http://obfuscated-hostname/artifactory/all-repos/org/jibx/jibx-maven-plugin/[1.2.3,)/jibx-maven-plugin-[1.2.3,).pom

POM section:

    <plugin>
        <groupId>org.jibx</groupId>
        <artifactId>jibx-maven-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>[1.2.3,)</version>
        <executions>
            <execution>
                <id>jibx-bindings</id>
                <phase>process-classes</phase>
                <goals>
                    <goal>bind</goal>
                </goals>
                <configuration>
                    <bindingDirectory>src/main/other-config/jibx-bindings</bindingDirectory>
                    <includeSchemaBindings>
                        <includeSchemaBindings>**\binding_*.xml</includeSchemaBindings>
                    </includeSchemaBindings>
                </configuration>
            </execution>
        </executions>
    </plugin>

Re: Illegal character in path when using version range in plugins section

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
version ranges are not supported for plugins