Posted to user@ant.apache.org by David Calkins <dc...@dejazzd.com> on 2005/06/29 04:03:42 UTC

IDL always re-compiles in build

I'm using the JacORB IDL compilation task jacidl.  Unfortunately, it
recompiles the IDL everytime I initiate a build, despite the IDL not
having changed, which of course forces recompilation of the generated
Java sources.

Is there any way to configure the build file so it won't think it needs
to re-compile the IDL unless the IDL file is newer than the generated
Java source?

Thanks.

RE: IDL always re-compiles in build

Posted by Bill Rich <bi...@wilandra.com>.
Here is a sample for handling JavaCC that I use. It is similar to what you
want for IDL.
<target name="grammercheck"
  depends="init"
  description="Check for updates to the Java Grammer file.">
  <uptodate property="grammerUpToDate"
    srcfile="${src.dir}/${src.parser.java}/java1.4.jjt"
    targetfile="${build.parser.java}/JavaParser.class"/>
</target>

<target name="jjtree"
  depends="grammercheck" unless="grammerUpToDate"
  description="Make the classes for the JavaCC Tree for the Java Language.">
  <mkdir dir="${src.dir}/${src.parser.java}/gen"/>
  <java classname="jjtree"
    fork="true"
    failonerror="true">
    <classpath refid="classpath.jcc"/>
    <arg line="-OUTPUT_DIRECTORY=${src.dir}/${src.parser.java}/gen"/>
    <arg line="${src.dir}/${src.parser.java}/java1.4.jjt"/>
  </java>
  <delete file="${src.dir}/${src.parser.java}/gen/SimpleNode.java"/>
</target>

HTH Bill