Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Neil Brandt <fa...@yahoo.ca> on 2006/08/03 15:53:43 UTC

How do I unlock the working copy of an external item?

I have a problem with a "Working copy locked" error on update for an external folder.

See below for output.  I'm just following the general instructions for what to do when there's a
lock.

I think my problem was caused by changing the directory from local (in-repository) to externally
linked.  But perhaps the fact that the lock is never cleaned up is a svn bug?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Neil

$svn update

Fetching external item into 'rails'
svn: Working copy 'rails' locked
svn: run 'svn cleanup' to remove locks (type 'svn help cleanup' for details)

$svn cleanup rails