Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Igor Velichko <ig...@dataart.com> on 2017/03/15 14:37:18 UTC

Consumer group stable state

Hi all,

is it possible to determine on client's side when consumer group's state
become stable in group coordinator? From what I see (Kafka 0.9.0.1),
when a consumer subscribes to a topic, it's not immediately ready to
receive messages because of rebalancing process in the broker. So I'd
like to know when my consumer is completely initialized and is able to
receive messages. It would be especially helpful for integration tests
with in-memory Kafka cluster.

--
Best regards,
Igor Velichko