Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Shpilsky Rita (UniCredit Services)" <Ri...@unicredit.eu> on 2019/04/23 19:32:29 UTC

RE: Cant configure Tomcat isapi redirect in IIS

This message has been marked as UC group - PUBLIC

Hi,
I have tomcat 9.0.16 installed on windows 2012 server, 64 bit version
I went through all the steps including getting the isapi_redirect.dll in 64 bit version, but when I try to open one of the applications residing in webapps folder of tomcat I get a pop up asking if I want to open it instead of executing the. Also I check isapi_redirect log file , it doesn't look that its even getting through isapi.
I have tried 100 suggestions from different forums but nothing helped. Please let me know what would be a solution

Rita Shpilsky
Associate

US96908 ICT New York

UniCredit Business Integrated Solutions S.C.p.A.
New York Branch
150 East 42nd Street
New York , NY 10017  USA<http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?BFCat=&Pyt=Tmap&newFL=Use+Address+Below&addr=150%20East%2042nd%20Street&csz=10017&Country=us&Get%A0Map=Get+Map>
Phone: 212-672-5903 - Fax: 212-672-5509
mailto:Rita.Shpilsky@unicredit.eu <ma...@us.unicreditgroup.eu>
www.unicreditmib.eu<http://www.unicreditmib.eu/>
UniCredit. Proud Partner of the UEFA Champions League. And you.

This e-mail is confidential and may also contain privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you are not authorised to read, print, save, process or disclose this message. If you have received this message by mistake, please inform the sender immediately and delete this e-mail, its attachments and any copies.
Any use, distribution, reproduction or disclosure by any person other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited and the person responsible may incur penalties.
Thank you!

RE: Cant configure Tomcat isapi redirect in IIS

Posted by "Shpilsky Rita (UniCredit Services)" <Ri...@unicredit.eu>.
This message has been marked as UC group - PUBLIC

Yes I used the official guide and triple checked everything like 10 times. I am uninstalling it now and trying to do it from scratch at this point

On 23/04/2019 20:32, Shpilsky Rita (UniCredit Services) wrote:
> This message has been marked asUC group - PUBLIC
>

> Hi,
>
> I have tomcat 9.0.16 installed on windows 2012 server, 64 bit version
>
> I went through all the steps including getting the isapi_redirect.dll
> in
> 64 bit version, but when I try to open one of the applications
> residing in webapps folder of tomcat I get a pop up asking if I want
> to open it instead of executing the. Also I check isapi_redirect log
> file , it doesn't look that its even getting through isapi.
>
> I have tried 100 suggestions from different forums but nothing helped.
> Please let me know what would be a solution

Have you followed the official configuration steps here:
http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/webserver_howto/iis.html
?

I know they are correct as I tested them against every supported version of Windows from 7 through to Server 2016.

If you have and it still isn't working, it is a case of going through each  part step by step and double checking until you find the bit you missed. I've been there several times and I always (eventually) find the step I missed / got wrong.

Note: The troubleshooting section is out of date.

Mark

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.