Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Kevin Peterson <ke...@biz360.com> on 2008/11/15 01:33:52 UTC

Cannot access svn.apache.org -- mirror?

I'm trying to import Hadoop Core into our local repository using piston
( http://piston.rubyforge.org/index.html ).

I can't seem to access svn.apache.org though. I've also tried the EU
mirror. No errors, nothing but eventual timeout. Traceroute fails at
corv-car1-gw.nero.net. I got the same errors a couple weeks ago, but
assumed they were just temporary downtime. I have found some messages
from earlier this year about a similar problem where some people can
access it fine, and others just can't connect. I'm able to access it
from a remote shell account, but not from my machine.

Has anyone been able to work around this? Is there any mirror of the
Hadoop repository?

Re: Cannot access svn.apache.org -- mirror?

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
Kevin Peterson wrote:
> I'm trying to import Hadoop Core into our local repository using piston
> ( http://piston.rubyforge.org/index.html ).
>
> I can't seem to access svn.apache.org though. I've also tried the EU
> mirror. No errors, nothing but eventual timeout. Traceroute fails at
> corv-car1-gw.nero.net. I got the same errors a couple weeks ago, but
> assumed they were just temporary downtime. I have found some messages
> from earlier this year about a similar problem where some people can
> access it fine, and others just can't connect. I'm able to access it
> from a remote shell account, but not from my machine.
>
> Has anyone been able to work around this? Is there any mirror of the
> Hadoop repository?

I've not seen this problem, worksforme. This implies network problems on
your machine or in the network, or you've been putting enough load on
the servers that they've blocked access from your hosts. Or DNS is
playing up.

   svn.apache.org  = 140.211.11.4
   svn.eu.apache.org = 192.87.106.227

you should see these in your browser: