Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Guo Du <mr...@duguo.org> on 2010/12/19 13:51:07 UTC

Difference between MavenArtifactRepository and RemoteRepository in maven 3.0.1?

Hi list,

I am looking at the repository implementation for artifact and plugins
in maven 3.0.1, both have nearly identical fields, the difference is
the package name. Test code and result at the end of the message.

Is there any logic behind this or those two will be merged some day?

Thanks!

-Guo

CODE:
		for(Object repo:mavenProject.getRemoteArtifactRepositories()){
			System.out.println(repo);
			System.out.println("implementation: "+repo.getClass().getName());
		}
		for(Object repo:mavenProject.getRemotePluginRepositories()){
			System.out.println(repo);
			System.out.println("implementation: "+repo.getClass().getName());
		}

RESULT:
       id: apache.snapshots
      url: http://repository.apache.org/snapshots
   layout: default
snapshots: [enabled => true, update => daily]
 releases: [enabled => false, update => daily]
implementation: org.apache.maven.artifact.repository.MavenArtifactRepository

       id: central
      url: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2
   layout: default
snapshots: [enabled => false, update => daily]
 releases: [enabled => true, update => daily]
implementation: org.apache.maven.artifact.repository.MavenArtifactRepository

central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2, releases=true,
snapshots=false, managed=false)
implementation: org.sonatype.aether.repository.RemoteRepository

Re: Difference between MavenArtifactRepository and RemoteRepository in maven 3.0.1?

Posted by Guo Du <mr...@duguo.org>.
> Legacy Maven 2.x API
Thanks Benjamin!
- Guo