Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Dimitar Minkov <d....@gmail.com> on 2011/11/08 23:29:31 UTC

question

Hi

I would like to ask You if it is possible to use OFBiz via XAMPP or similar
non-web based server only in LAN?

If Yes can You provide some instructions?

Many thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Dimitar Minkov

Re: question

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
my understating is XAMPP would replace apache httpd webserver.
OfBiz uses TomCat as the web server.
The Databases are interfaced in the entity engine of Ofbiz an has no
relation ship to the Webserver

Dimitar Minkov sent the following on 11/8/2011 2:29 PM:

Re: question

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
To develop you even don't need to install a DB OOTB, see the explanations clicking the download button on the OFBiz site main
page...
Derby is longer to create the DB but after it's almost the same. Nowaydays with SSDs it's matter less and less...

Jacques

From: "Anne" <an...@cohsoft.com.au>

Re: question

Posted by Anne <an...@cohsoft.com.au>.