Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by PATTERSON Tony <to...@alstom.com> on 2015/12/11 00:14:35 UTC

Windows support

Hello,

My group produces system that have to run on both Linux and Windows.  We're very interested in Kafka but are inhibited by the lack of windows support.

I notice in your documentation you state, "We have seen a few issues running on Windows and Windows is not currently a well supported platform though we would be happy to change that."

Can you elaborate on "we would be happy to change that?"  Is that something you might do for either financial or resource contributions?  And, if possible, could you elaborate on the issues you see on Windows?

Cheers,

Tony Patterson
Principal Software Architect
Software Solutions
GE
Grid Solutions

T:  +1 425 250 2659
M: +1 253 232 5340
tony.patterson@ge.com<ma...@ge.com>
www.gegridsolutions.com<http://www.gegridsolutions.com/>

10865 Willows Road NE, Redmond, Washington, 98052, USA

Imagination at work

CONFIDENTIALITY : This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged. If you are not a named recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to another person, use it for any purpose or store or copy the information in any medium.

Re: Windows support

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io>.
The original intent was resource contributions. Meaning, patches that fix
issues running on Windows are welcome.

Gwen