Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Zheng Lin Edwin Yeo <ed...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/12 01:32:00 UTC

Searching under multiple field

Hi,

Currently, I'm using the following query to search for the same word under
different fields

http://localhost:8983/solr/collection1/select?q=(field1_s:*test* OR
field2_s:*test* OR field3_s:*test* OR field4_s:*test*) AND field1_tc:"Main"*

Is there a way to better streamline the query, so that we will not have to
use so many "OR" in the query?

I'm using Solr 6.5.1.

Regards,
Edwin

Re: Searching under multiple field

Posted by Zheng Lin Edwin Yeo <ed...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I found that this edismax query works.

http://localhost:8983/solr/collection1/select?defType=edismax&q=*test* AND
field1_tc:"Main"* &qf=field1_s field2_s field3_s field4_s

Regards,
Edwin

Posted by Zheng Lin Edwin Yeo <ed...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ravi,