Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Hansen <kh...@yahoo.com> on 2002/09/26 00:53:21 UTC

running servlets that invoke DLLs (Native Methods)

I have a servlet that calls a Native Method (stored in a Windows DLL).
Tomcat can't seem to find the DLL even though it is on the system path (PATH
environment variable).

Does anyone know how Tomcat finds Native Methods that are called by
servlets?

Thanks,

Mark

Re: running servlets that invoke DLLs (Native Methods)

Posted by Zahid Rahman <za...@btconnect.com>.
If you are  getting an error  similar to the one below.
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no hello in shared library path
                  at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary(Runtime.java)
                  at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java)
                  at
                  at java.lang.Thread.init(Thread.java)

Then try this page.
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/native1.1/stepbystep/step6.html