Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by AKGavin <ak...@sina.com> on 2015/09/02 09:22:15 UTC

activemq5.11 producer speed and consumer speed is lower,why?

hi all,
I recently performance test activemq queue, message processing speed,
producers and consumers of the message processing speed is very low, 3000
messages per second.
Test message from supplier to consumer, however, the speed of the message is
received it soon, 12000 messages per second, is this why?Who can help me
analysis?Thank you very much.

Re: activemq5.11 producer speed and consumer speed is lower,why?

Posted by AKGavin <ak...@sina.com>.
"did you use the same settings between the two tests? if you have
a test under the same settings and conditions giving you different result,
then you should share your test, and so people could identify the
difference."

@Clebert Suconic  Yes, Two machines configuration is the same, two tests for
AMQ set is the same.

Re: activemq5.11 producer speed and consumer speed is lower,why?

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 3:47 PM, Christopher Shannon <
christopher.l.shannon@gmail.com> wrote:

> What do you mean by "test message from supplier to consumer is 12000"?  A
> lot of things factor in to the performance of ActiveMQ such as message
> size, persistent/non-persistent messages, disk speed, message selectors,
> number of consumers and producers, etc.  3000 mps is a reasonable speed
> depending on what you are doing and the hardware involved.  I've seen
> speeds faster and slower than that, depending on the factors that I listed.

+1000

@AKGavin: did you use the same settings between the two tests? if you have

Posted by AKGavin <ak...@sina.com>.
@christopher  "test message from supplier to consumer is 12000" .Mean to
start the consumer waits to receive messages, if consumers don't exit 15
seconds didn't receive the message, as producers start, timing T1, send
messages, then query whether the consumer process, if the exit time is T2,
the total number of messages divided by (T2 - T1) about 12000 messages per
second.I don't konw if right?

Re: activemq5.11 producer speed and consumer speed is lower,why?

Posted by Christopher Shannon <ch...@gmail.com>.