Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Apache Software Foundation <hu...@Apache.Org> on 2001/09/21 19:53:40 UTC

FW: Apache (feature request for Windows)

Miss Files again.. acked.

----- Forwarded message from Brian McBride <mc...@bellatlantic.net> -----

From: "Brian McBride" <mc...@bellatlantic.net>
To: <hu...@Apache.org>
Subject:  Apache
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 20:40:04 -0400

HI,
	I'm not sure where I should direct this comment to but all I could find is
this email address. I have a suggestion for a future release of apache.
Having it be able to connection to network drives and display those files on
the web server. I know IIS has this built in and I believe is would make
apache a much more valuable product.

Thank You,
Brian McBride

----- End forwarded message -----

--
#ken	P-)}

Re: Apache (feature request for Windows)

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
> From: "Brian McBride" <mc...@bellatlantic.net>
> To: <hu...@Apache.org>
> Subject:  Apache
> Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 20:40:04 -0400
>

> HI,
> I'm not sure where I should direct this comment to but all I could find is
> this email address. I have a suggestion for a future release of apache.
> Having it be able to connection to network drives and display those files on
> the web server. I know IIS has this built in and I believe is would make
> apache a much more valuable product.

That has security implications.  We will consider doing so as an installation
-option- for users that desire this capability.