Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by Andrew Phillips <ap...@qrmedia.com> on 2014/04/11 23:03:35 UTC

Re: Fixing JClouds after removal of volume code from Nova in Grizzly

> When it comes to removing code I’d like jclouds to stick to semver
> as much as possible. Backwards incompatible changes are only done in
> major point releases. In this case, the quotas code should be
> deprecated and comment made saying why it’s deprecated, what should
> be used instead, and that it will be removed in 2.0.

W.r.t. the deasync discussion and other breaking changes, it might be
worth considering making the next jclouds version 2.0 rather than 1.8,
in that case?

ap

Re: Fixing JClouds after removal of volume code from Nova in Grizzly

Posted by Everett Toews <ev...@RACKSPACE.COM>.
On Apr 11, 2014, at 4:03 PM, Andrew Phillips <ap...@qrmedia.com> wrote:

> W.r.t. the deasync discussion and other breaking changes, it might be worth considering making the next jclouds version 2.0 rather than 1.8, in that case?

No please. We need more time than that for people to migrate to some of the bigger changes like swift to openstack-swift.

Everett