Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Jesse Clark <je...@epredix.com> on 2000/05/19 21:51:44 UTC

Tomcat as plug-in for iPlanet on Solaris

Hello everyone,

After making minor changes to the Makefile.solaris created by Gal Sachor I have been able to build and install the nsapi_redirector.so on Solaris. I noticed that there was a lack of documentation and binaries for this process so I thought I'd offer to contribute the ones I put together(See Attachment).

I am not an expert on any of this but I was able to get it working OK. However, I am running a Java web app that wraps a legacy Cold Fusion application and I have noticed some pretty significant performance problems since I installed Tomcat as a plug-in for iPlanet. If any iPlanet config experts out there see anything in the modifications that I am making to the obj.conf that could cause performance problems please let me know.

Any other feedback would of course be very welcome as well.

Cheers,
-jesse

Jesse Clark
Enterprise Java Developer