Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Mark Derricutt <ma...@talios.com> on 2003/06/14 00:06:36 UTC

Axis server and SOAP::Lite perl client

Hiya, I'm trying to get a simple perl util to connect with my Axis based
service, only, I'm having problems on the server side deserializeing one
of my complex object params.  Looking at a tcp dump I see the following:

<SOAP-ENV:Body>
<namesp1:send
xmlns:namesp1="http://applicationsconnect.bulletinwireless.com">
<application xsi:type="xsd:string">xxxx</application> <environment
xsi:type="xsd:int">0</environment> <message
xsi:type="impl:BulletinMessage"> <body xsi:type="xsd:string">Test from
Perl</body> <messageId xsi:type="xsd:int">0</messageId> <to
xsi:type="xsd:int">xxxx</to>
</message>
</namesp1:send>
</SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

HTTP/1.0 500 Internal Server Error
Connection: close
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 11:09:18 GMT
Server: Apache/2.0.46 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.46 OpenSSL/0.9.6b Content-Type:
text/xml; charset=utf-8

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <soapenv:Envelope
 <soapenv:Body>
  <soapenv:Fault>
   <faultstring>org.xml.sax.SAXException: Deserializing parameter
     &apos;message&apos;: could not find deserializer for type
     BulletinMessage</faultstring>
   <detail/>
  </soapenv:Fault>
 </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

The WSDL can be seen at:
  http://service.bulletinconnect.net/services/BulletinServer?wsdl

The webservice works from .NET, PHP, and Java, but not Perl, and assuming
its to do with namespaces, for some reason the WSDL is showing two
different namespaces ( one http: one uri: ), which could be the source of
the problem, however, when I modified the perl code to specify the
<message/> param was in the uri... namespace, the same problem occured.

Anyone have any ideas?

--
...turn to the light - don't be frightened by the shadows it creates,
 ...turn to the light - turning away could be a terrible mistake