Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Christian Haul <ha...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de> on 2003/03/12 13:53:39 UTC

Re: Input/Output Modules without key-prefix

On 12.Mar.2003 -- 02:45 PM, Markus Wolf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with configuring cocoon modules
> (input and output) to use no key-prefixes.
> I've tried to set an empty <key-prefix /> line
> to the needed output module and get a
> ConfigurationException as result.
> After reading through core.log I found it as an
> Avalon configuration error, because there is
> a value required as key-prefix.
>
> Is there any workaround this?
> We are using Cocoon-2.1-dev from cvs and
> Tomcat 4.1.18.

I  don't get it. What are you trying to do and where is this
key-prefix tag? Looking through cocoon.xconf, I can't find one.

	Chris.
--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l
haul@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de

Re: Input/Output Modules without key-prefix

Posted by Christian Haul <ha...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.
On 12.Mar.2003 -- 03:21 PM, Markus Wolf wrote:
> I'm trying to use the request attribute output module
> without the prefix "org.apache.cocoon.acting.AbstractDatabaseAction:".
> As I read in the ApiDocs there is a setup option key-prefix which
> could be set. I've found a likewise configuration value in the
> modular db sample.
> It isn't in the cocoon.xconf by default, because if is is not listed
> there the default (as mentioned above) is taken.
> Here is a short example of my xconf setting:
> <output-modules>
>   <component-instance
> class="org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.output.RequestAttributeOutputModule"
> logger="core.modules.output" name="request-attr">
>     <key-prefix />
>   </component-instance>
> </output-modules>
>
> This result in the exception I stated above. When I insert e.g. test as
> key-prefix value everythink seems to work right and I'll get "test:" as
> prefix for my request attributes.
>
> So what I exactly want is no prefix and this isn't possible because of the
> avalon configuration used here.
> Any idea?

you could try to write <key-prefix></key-prefix>
or update to latest CVS version. Just checked in a fix.

	Chris.

Posted by Markus Wolf <ma...@emedia-solutions-wolf.de>.

---- snip ----
<output-modules>
  <component-instance
class="org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.output.RequestAttributeOutputModule"
logger="core.modules.output" name="request-attr">
    <key-prefix />
  </component-instance>
</output-modules>
---- snip ----

This result in the exception I stated above. When I insert e.g. test as
key-prefix value everythink seems to work right and I'll get "test:" as
prefix for my request attributes.

So what I exactly want is no prefix and this isn't possible because of the
avalon configuration used here.
Any idea?

Thx
Markus