Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Ben Laurie <be...@algroup.co.uk> on 1999/06/05 17:23:47 UTC

Allow modules to add libraries

This teeny patch allows modules to add libraries (long promised in the
comments in Configure :-)... OK if I commit it?

BTW, I couldn't find anywhere where this stuff is documented - did I
miss something?

Cheers,

Ben.

--
http://www.apache-ssl.org/ben.html

     - Indira Gandhi

Re: Allow modules to add libraries

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.
Ben Laurie wrote:

> Greg Stein wrote:
> >
> > Ben Laurie wrote:
> > >
> > > This teeny patch allows modules to add libraries (long promised in the
> > > comments in Configure :-)... OK if I commit it?
> Good point. Here's an improved (untested) version...

+1

+2 if you can do rules :-)

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/

Re: Allow modules to add libraries

Posted by Ben Laurie <be...@algroup.co.uk>.
Greg Stein wrote:

> Ben Laurie wrote:
> >
> > This teeny patch allows modules to add libraries (long promised in the
> > comments in Configure :-)... OK if I commit it?
>
> +1 (concept; see below)
>
> Cool idea. I currently use the following in my libdav.module file:
>
> Name: dav_module
> ConfigStart
>   LIBS="-L/usr/local/lib -lgdbm $LIBS"
>   RULE_EXPAT=yes
> ConfigEnd
>
> It would be much nicer to use your new format:
>
> Name: dav_module
> Libs: -L/usr/local/lib -lgdbm
> ConfigStart
>   RULE_EXPAT=yes
> ConfigEnd
>
> Now... if we can grep for the RULEs, we'll be really set :-)

That should be similarly trivial to arrange.

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.
Ben Laurie wrote:

> This teeny patch allows modules to add libraries (long promised in the
> comments in Configure :-)... OK if I commit it?

+1 (concept; see below)

Cool idea. I currently use the following in my libdav.module file:

Name: dav_module
ConfigStart
  LIBS="-L/usr/local/lib -lgdbm $LIBS"
  RULE_EXPAT=yes
ConfigEnd

It would be much nicer to use your new format:

Name: dav_module
Libs: -L/usr/local/lib -lgdbm
ConfigStart
  RULE_EXPAT=yes
ConfigEnd

Now... if we can grep for the RULEs, we'll be really set :-)

I say only "+1 concept" because it looks like you don't handle
*multiple* uses of Libs:. i.e. you don't append stuff to $modlibs. Each
.module file that sets it will overwrite the previous.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/