Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by tfuller0 <tf...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/29 15:56:14 UTC

Monitoring for simple webapp changes (with Jetty)

Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out the most streamlined way for Karaf's Jetty to pick
up simple web-app changes (e.g. .js/.css) _without_ refreshing the whole
bundle.

Is there any way to tell Karaf's Jetty to monitor web app changes _outside_
of the "KARAF_HOME/data/cache/..." directory?

For instance, I "osgi:install" an exploded webapp bundle, and it copies the
layout to (for example):

KARAF_HOME\data\cache\org.eclipse.osgi\bundles\222\1\bundlefile\<web-app-files>

It seems Jetty monitors that directory - I can edit/refresh files in there
without a problem.

(Note: I've tried the "fileinstall" route, but that seems to reload the
whole bundle. I just want to point Jetty to monitor the web app resources,
not Karaf.)

Thanks in advance,
--Todd