Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by eric dunn <er...@yahoo.com> on 2002/09/10 20:46:18 UTC

NameSpace help

Hello,
   I do not want the ns# prefix apache axis creates
for a namespace. Is there a way to get rid of it? I
looked in the source and it doesn't seem likely, no
matter how you set the namespace, deep in the code it
uses getPrefix to retrieve ns1. This is all because a
weblogic webservice doesn't like my prefix there.

What Apache sends :
------------------------------
<ns1:validateLogin
xmlns:ns1="http://www.openuri.org/">
<user xsi:type="xsd:string">sriram</user>
<pwd xsi:type="xsd:string">somanchi</pwd>
</ns1:validateLogin>

What weblogic wants :
------------------------------
<validateLogin xmlns="http://www.openuri.org/">
  <user xsi:type="xsd:string">user</user>
  <pwd xsi:type="xsd:string">password</pwd>
</validateLogin>

Is there any way to make a Message with a namespace
without prefixes?

Warmest Regards,
Eric Dunn

code
-----------------

QName operationQN = new
QName("http://www.openuri.org/", "validateLogin");
		call.setOperationName( operationQN );

	       call.addParameter( "user", XMLType.XSD_STRING,
ParameterMode.IN );
	       call.addParameter( "pwd", XMLType.XSD_STRING,
ParameterMode.IN );
      	 call.setReturnType( XMLType.XSD_INT );

return ( (Integer) call.invoke(new Object []
{strLoginID,strPwd} )  ).intValue();

Yahoo! - We Remember
http://dir.remember.yahoo.com/tribute

Re: NameSpace help

Posted by eric dunn <er...@yahoo.com>.
I think it's 6.1 .

Here is what it complains:

Submitted at Tue Sep 10 02:30:12 PDT 2002

validateLogin

Tag 'user' does not match.

Warning
Submitted at Tue Sep 10 02:30:12 PDT 2002

validateLogin

Tag 'pwd' does not match.

Without the ns1 it doesnt do that and returns the
right value. With it it complains and returns the
wrong value.

Re: NameSpace help

Posted by Vadim Draluk <va...@draluk.net>.
Eric,