Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org> on 2003/01/12 21:22:20 UTC

'open issues' page

Dear all,

I played around with the RSS-like feeds Jira is producing, and set up an
'open issues' page:
http://forrestbot.cocoondev.org/sites/xml-forrest/forrest-issues.html

Problem is that this page requires live internet access (to build
Forrest's own site, at least). Dunnow if this is a big problem, what do
you think?

Also, one might question whether it is useful to put up such
time-sensitive info on the website. Anyway, it was just a quick hack, so
  feel free to comment!

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Re: 'open issues' page

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.
On Sun, Jan 12, 2003 at 09:22:20PM +0100, Steven Noels wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I played around with the RSS-like feeds Jira is producing, and set up an
> 'open issues' page:
> http://forrestbot.cocoondev.org/sites/xml-forrest/forrest-issues.html

Very nice!

> Problem is that this page requires live internet access (to build
> Forrest's own site, at least). Dunnow if this is a big problem, what do
> you think?

It doesn't kill the build when offline:

 * [54] mail-lists.html
 * [54] mail-archives.html
 * [0]
-> [broken page] forrest-issues.html <-

     issues.cocoondev.org

 * [55] primer.html
 * [54] forrest-contract.html

So not a big problem IMO.

> Also, one might question whether it is useful to put up such
> time-sensitive info on the website.

I think this particular info is very useful to have.  Looks like we need
a cron job regularly building the site.

--Jeff