Posted to dev@ace.apache.org by Brian Topping <to...@codehaus.org> on 2009/11/25 15:49:02 UTC

Maven Ace

Hi gang,

I've been speaking to Marcel for the couple weeks since ACUS about
getting on board with a Maven build for Ace, it's great to see there's
a complete army of folks that also have the same idea!

My analysis so far is probably not farther than Jean Baptiste's, but I
would agree with Toni that we could start a github to get things
going. I'm suspecting that the folder moves that will be required are
all going to be easily practical after creating the POM(s).

I'll move the discussion over to the Jira issue though.

Cheers, B

Re: Maven Ace

Posted by Brian Topping <to...@codehaus.org>.
Hi Jean-Baptiste,

It all works fine for me.  I have a bunch of repos as well, was just
trying to keep everything neutral.  Maybe I have too much "politically
correct" in me though :-)

Cheers, Brian

Re: Maven Ace

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Toni, Brian (and the others :)),

Re: Maven Ace

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 7:50 PM, Toni Menzel <to...@okidokiteam.com> wrote:
> Looks like a good start. Actually i think one has to start and offer (at
> least) a clean maven based ACE Core build. Flat structure, one multimodule
> pom. maven-bundle-plugin in place.
> Thoughts on GAV:
> GroupId: org.apache.ace
> ArtifactId: ace-core-repository (and accordingly)
> Version: 0.8.0-SNAPSHOT
>
> Why 0.8.0-SNASPHOT ? Ok, ace is not entirely new (many commerical
> deployments) + seeks a 1.0 with graduation (marcel, just thinking out of
> thin air to kickstart discussion). It does not really matter anyhow. Just to
> have something.
>
> @Marcel: Are we going into trouble when working on this outside of apache
> first and contribute the whole thing (if apropriate and workable) ?
> Talking about IP Clearance and stuff.

Depends. If it is not too big a patch then attaching it to JIRA might
be enough. If there are several people working on it and it becomes a
substantial patch then we will need at least an icla (ccla if
applicable) and a grant from the people involved.

regards,

Karl

--
Karl Pauls
karlpauls@gmail.com

Re: Maven Ace

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Toni,

Agree with you, it's exactly that I have done excepted the version number.

I will try to send you the POMs patch later tonight.

Regards
JB

Re: Maven Ace

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 8:40 PM, Marcel Offermans
<ma...@luminis.nl> wrote:
> I'll have a look at the work in progress asap!
>
> On Nov 25, 2009, at 19:50 , Toni Menzel wrote:
>
>> Why 0.8.0-SNASPHOT ? Ok, ace is not entirely new (many commerical
>> deployments) + seeks a 1.0 with graduation (marcel, just thinking out of
>> thin air to kickstart discussion). It does not really matter anyhow. Just to
>> have something.
>
> As far as I know there are no real guidelines about versioning while in the incubator, but I would definitely want to start with a 1.0.0 release.
>
>> @Marcel: Are we going into trouble when working on this outside of apache
>> first and contribute the whole thing (if apropriate and workable) ?
>> Talking about IP Clearance and stuff.
>
> If we do develop things outside of Apache and then donate it, it needs to go through IP clearance.

Well, we are in the incubator already :-)

regards,

Karl

--
Karl Pauls