Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Pauquette, Bryan" <br...@cingular.com> on 2006/07/18 22:46:15 UTC

application.xml generation.

When I attempt to deploy my mvn 2.04 generated ear into a weblogic
container the container throws a deployment exception due to a missing
DOCTYPE header in the application.xml that was generated by maven.

weblogic.management.DeploymentException: Error while loading
descriptors: Error processing file 'META-INF/application.xml'.
weblogic.xml.process.XMLProcessingException: XML document does not
appear to contain a properly formed DOCTYPE header - with nested
exception: [weblogic.xml.process.ProcessorFactoryException: XML document
does not appear to contain a properly formed DOCTYPE header] - with
nested exception: [weblogic.xml.process.ProcessorFactoryException: XML
document does not appear to contain a properly formed DOCTYPE header]

What could be causing this problem?

Here is the application.xml generated by maven 2.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<application xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee"
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/application_1_4.xsd" version="1.4">
  <description>Device Support Center</description>
  <display-name>Device Support Center Enterprise
Application</display-name>
  <module>
    <web>
      <web-uri>dsc-web-1.0.war</web-uri>
      <context-root>/web</context-root>
    </web>
  </module>
  <module>
    <web>
      <web-uri>dsc-kiosk-1.0.war</web-uri>
      <context-root>/kiosk</context-root>
    </web>
  </module>
  <module>
    <ejb>dsc-ejb-1.0.jar</ejb>
  </module>

Re: application.xml generation.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Apparently Weblogic requires a DOCTYPE header at the top of the
application.xml file:
http://e-docs.bea.com/wls/docs81/programming/app_xml.html

You will either need to create your own application.xml with the
proper header and use it instead of the Maven-generated one, or patch
the EAR/WAR code to include the DOCTYPE for Weblogic artifacts.

Wayne