Posted to dev@ranger.apache.org by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org> on 2015/06/27 22:04:28 UTC

Last chance to tell your story at ApacheCON EU 2015

Hi!

with CFP on ApacheCON EU CORE closing in just a few days (July 1st)
I would like to appeal to all the podlings and their mentors to
consider telling your story (and recruiting new community members!).
While all ASF projects are constantly in the business of recruiting, it
is especially important for poddlings. After all, how successful you're
in growing your emerging community gets to be one of the biggest
factors determining your readiness for a TLP status. ApacehCON can
be a very powerful force multiplier for your efforts.

While travel could be an issue we do have a travel assistance comitee
and you don't necessarily have to even submit the full talk. If you can't
be there in person -- convince somebody who is going to advocate on
your behalf via the "speed dating" poddling event.

Both regular talks and "speed dating" proposals are currently tracked
over here: https://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/ACEU15Incubator
However, as of today we've got less that 20% participation rate from
poddlings.

Come on! I'm sure we can do better than this!

Thanks,
Roman.

P.S. If you have troubles updating the wiking -- drop me an email.

Re: Last chance to tell your story at ApacheCON EU 2015

Posted by jan i <ja...@apache.org>.
On Wednesday, July 22, 2015, Luke Han <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
>     We have submitted proposal for Apache Kylin, but not see the update
> there on the wiki.
>     Is that ok or should we do something else?

See the other replies. Wiki was solely used in the preparation.

The schedule for apachecon CORE has just been published, and apache big
data is expected to folllow next week.

rgds
jan i

Posted by Luke Han <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi there,

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
Hi Richard!

sorry for the belated reply (OSCON is to blame ;-))
I see that you've successfully updated the wiki. This
is great. I'm planning to do one last round of planning
within that Speed Dating/Shark Tank slot with everybody
who volunteered. Expect an email from me soon.

Thanks,
Roman.

Posted by jan i <ja...@apache.org>.
On Wednesday, July 22, 2015, Richard Downer <ri...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Jan,
>
> On Wed, 22 Jul 2015 at 09:32 jan i <jani@apache.org <javascript:;>> wrote:
>
> > > Sorry I'm a bit late! I've modified the wiki page to add Brooklyn to
> the
> > > list of full talks, and volunteer myself for a shark tank talk.
> > >
> > ??? Confused, the schedule is fixed and talks have been grouped, changes
> in
> > the wiki page made now is
> > only for historic reasons and will in no way be moved to the schedule.
> >

> Brooklyn is on the conference schedule, we have 3 (!) talks in ApacheCon
> Core [1][2][3]. But the wiki page section "Podlings with regular talks
> currently submitted" didn't show Brooklyn as having a regular talk so I
> updated it. If I've misinterpreted the meaning of this section then I (or
> anyone) can revert it.

We used the section while creating the schedule, now it is just a historic
refrence, no need to revert what you did.

> The shark tank is different.
> >

> Yes, I assumed that the shark tank schedule is more flexible, but I do know
> that I am late, and I may have missed my chance here.

I believe Roman is keeping that open as long as there are space.

rgds
jan i

Posted by Richard Downer <ri...@apache.org>.
Hi Jan,

Posted by jan i <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Richard Downer <ri...@apache.org>.
Hi Roman,

Posted by Alan R Williams <al...@manchester.ac.uk>.
On 30/06/2015 17:25, Alan R Williams wrote:
> Hello everybody,

Hello again,

> I cannot edit the wiki. Anyway, Stian Soiland-Reyes (stian@apache.org)
> has volunteered to give a speed dating talk on Taverna.

The wiki appears not to have been updated.

Stian's correct e-mail is stain@apache.org

> Alan

Alan

Re: Last chance to tell your story at ApacheCON EU 2015

Posted by Alan R Williams <al...@manchester.ac.uk>.
Hello everybody,

Posted by Nick Burch <ap...@gagravarr.org>.
On Sat, 27 Jun 2015, Roman Shaposhnik wrote:
> Both regular talks and "speed dating" proposals are currently tracked
> over here: https://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/ACEU15Incubator
> However, as of today we've got less that 20% participation rate from
> poddlings.

Hopefully everyone who wanted to submit a full talk has done so now, as
the CFP closes any minute now...

For anyone thinking of signing up for a Poddlings speed dating/Shark Tank
10 minute slot, I've temporarily granted global-write permissions to the
incubator apachecon page, so you can all sign yourselves up!

Nick

Re: Last chance to tell your story at ApacheCON EU 2015

Posted by jan i <ja...@apache.org>.
On 30 June 2015 at 16:51, Luke Han <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I also can't edit that wiki, we already submitted presentation on Apache
> Kylin, could you please help to update that wiki or grant access to my
> account (id:lukehan)?
>
> BTW, there are ApacheCon Big Data and Core events, should only pick up one
> event to present?

It is 2 different events with different CFP. The incubator track is in
CORE, but of course
you can submit a talk to big data as well.

rgds
jan i.

Posted by Luke Han <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sravya Tirukkovalur <sr...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by jan i <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Don Bosco Durai <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by jan i <ja...@apache.org>.
On 29 June 2015 at 01:28, Anatole Tresch <at...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I proposed to talk on Tamaya. I would also do a "speed date" on Tamaya, but
> unfortunately I cannot update:
> https://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/ACEU15Incubator
> Can somebody do this for me, or give the rights todo so (UID:
> AnatoleTresch)?

updated

have fun
jan i.

Posted by Anatole Tresch <at...@gmail.com>.
Hi all

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Roman,

There is a talk in preparation regarding Trafodion.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*
Services & Solutions for Cloud-