Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Jon Molin <jo...@resfeber.se> on 2000/11/13 11:38:58 UTC

Apache::DBI

I'm considering using Apache::DBI but before I'd want to benchmark to
see
if I gain anything. To do this I just made a script that
connects/disconnects
10 times. Then I tried running ab with -n 10000. The output confused me
a bit
there where only 0.9 secs difference, and it was good old DBI who won,
without
Apache::DBI.
Am I doing something wrong? I've added 'PerlModule Apache::DBI' in
httpd.conf and as I could understand it wasn't it nessicery to add
anything else...

/Jon

Re: Apache::DBI

Posted by "G.W. Haywood" <ge...@www.jubileegroup.co.uk>.
Hi there,

On Mon, 13 Nov 2000, Jon Molin wrote:

> I'm considering using Apache::DBI but before I'd want to benchmark
> to see if I gain anything.  To do this I just made a script that
> connects/disconnects 10 times.

You'd better read the Guide.

http://perl.apache.org/guide

The whole point is that you don't want to connect/disconnect if you
can avoid it.  So each Apache child process connects just once, and
keeps that handle open until it dies.

73,
Ged.