Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Shane Johnson <av...@gmail.com> on 2020/02/06 20:32:17 UTC

Installing a program designed for Tomcat 5.5 on Tomcat 9

I am currently trying to install a program designed to operate on Win XP 32
and earlier on to a Win 10 environment. The program extracts to the Shared
and Webapps folders of Tomcat 5.5 and uses a SQL database. After converting
the database and installing it on SQL 2017 I added the JDBC connector and
downloaded and installed tomcat 9 only to find there is no shared folder to
extract the shared files to. Any suggestions?

Re: Installing a program designed for Tomcat 5.5 on Tomcat 9

Posted by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de>.
Am 09.02.20 um 22:28 schrieb Shane Johnson:
> Attached is a screen shot copy of the files it extracts to the Shared
> folder the classes folder it creates is empty. I do now recall there
> were some similar file names to ones already in the library

Attachments tend to get removed on this mailing list - as has happened
to your image. Could you post the content as text?

Felix

Posted by Shane Johnson <av...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de>.

Posted by Shane Johnson <av...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.

Aw: Installing a program designed for Tomcat 5.5 on Tomcat 9

Posted by Peter Rader <p....@gmx.net>.
> I am currently trying to install a program designed to operate on Win XP 32
> and earlier on to a Win 10 environment. The program extracts to the Shared
> and Webapps folders of Tomcat 5.5 and uses a SQL database. After converting
> the database and installing it on SQL 2017 I added the JDBC connector and
> downloaded and installed tomcat 9 only to find there is no shared folder to
> extract the shared files to. Any suggestions?

Hm, shared ... do you mean the endorsed folder? From old apps I remember that some jdbc-jars have to be placed in tomcat's endorsed folder.

I am pretty sure that you could use the JVM/JDK's endorsed folder. They usually have their place in <jdk>\lib\endorsed .

Kind regards

Peter Rader

Re: Installing a program designed for Tomcat 5.5 on Tomcat 9

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: Installing a program designed for Tomcat 5.5 on Tomcat 9

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 06/02/2020 20:32, Shane Johnson wrote:
> I am currently trying to install a program designed to operate on Win XP 32
> and earlier on to a Win 10 environment. The program extracts to the Shared
> and Webapps folders of Tomcat 5.5 and uses a SQL database. After converting
> the database and installing it on SQL 2017 I added the JDBC connector and
> downloaded and installed tomcat 9 only to find there is no shared folder to
> extract the shared files to. Any suggestions?

There are several options but the simplest is put anything extracted to
shared in the lib directory.

Mark