Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by asai <As...@globalchangemusic.org> on 2008/10/24 03:55:21 UTC

report_contact Won't Change

Greetings,

I've been trying to stop Spamassassin from sending any more spam notices to
me, so I changed it in /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf but I'm still getting
messages sent to the same email address...what am I missing here?

Re: report_contact Won't Change

Posted by mouss <mo...@netoyen.net>.
asai a écrit :
> Ok, thank you.
>
> I'm using Postfix, Amavisd-new, ClamAV and SQLGrey.  Do you know where I
> would enable or disable receiving this notice in any of these?  I've been
> looking and looking and I can't seem to find anything...

you should aks on the amavisd users list. but you'll have to explain
what kid of notifications you want to disable.

if you are talking about notifications to the admin, comment out
virus_admin_maps and spam_admin_maps.

Re: report_contact Won't Change

Posted by asai <As...@globalchangemusic.org>.
Ok, thank you.

Posted by John Hardin <jh...@impsec.org>.
On Fri, 24 Oct 2008, asai wrote:

> Well, there is a report_contact setting in SA local.cf...are you saying
> that that is not relevant here?

It is not. report_contact is for providing an email address for a support
contact in the "this is a spam" report text that is optionally added to a
message that is scored as spam. It does not (at least within SA) generate
any new email messages to that address, or reroute spams to that address.

> mouss-2 wrote:
>>
>> asai a écrit :
>>>
>>> I've been trying to stop Spamassassin from sending any more spam notices
>>> to me,
>>
>> SA does not send, block, or route mail. it is an expert who says this is
>> probably spam and this is probably ham. Routing and other transport
>> decisions are taken by whatever tool you use to run SA.

To reiterate: SA only scores, and may reformat spams. If spammy messages
are being misfiled or alert messages are being sent, then some other tool
is the culprit. Look downstream from SA in your mail processing chain.

   Health Care _is_ a right - the government has no business keeping
   you from getting it. But forcing somebody else to pay for your
   health care at gunpoint (i.e. through taxation) is _not_ a right.
  11 days until the Presidential Election

Re: report_contact Won't Change

Posted by asai <As...@globalchangemusic.org>.

Posted by mouss <mo...@netoyen.net>.