Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "hari@acusis" <ha...@acusis.com> on 2002/09/07 06:54:54 UTC

IllegalStateException while using SSL

Hi,

I setup SSL in Tomcat using JSEE and the key is generated using the
keytool utility. The system is working fine, but the server is throwing
an IllegalStateException continuously while accessing any page through
HTTPS. This never stops and after few minutes of throwing the exception,
it gices an OutOfMemory error and stops there. [Till then it
successfully serves all pages through HTTPS]. The exception thrown is
copied below.

2002-09-07 10:11:24 - Ctx(  ): IllegalStateException in: R( /) Current
state = FLUSHED, new state = CODING

Any ideas why this is happening and how to resolve this?

Thx,
Hari.

Re: IllegalStateException while using SSL

Posted by Bill Barker <re...@verizon.net>.
In general, you get better responses if you mention which Tomcat version you
are using.  Having spent way too much time on this list :), I'm guessing
that you are using a 3.2.x version.  If possible you should try upgrading to
at least 3.3.1 (and, for HTTPS, upgrade to the CoyoteConnector to take
advantage of keep-alive).