Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by YMikulski <YM...@infonet.by> on 2001/07/28 12:54:11 UTC

comments

Hello!
Recently I've done addition my own conversion characters to PatternLayout.
My comments:
- PatternParser class has  getOptions() method,  but it is private.It
doesn't suit when we want to add characters with options (like  %d{...}) . I
suggest to make it "protected".
- It will be great if  some words ( may be comment or note) about
getOptions() are added to Paul Glezen's article "Adding Conversion
Characters to PatternLayout". Now there is no word about getting options in
this article and I had to look for it in source code.
- About example of adding characters "AppServer", say definetely about usage
of this example.
We can obtain a AppServerCategoryInstance anytime by using getInstance(). It
works very well.
But if we use method getRoot() instead of getInstance() we loose all
parameters passed to AppServerCategoryFactory. This is a typical picture,
not only in this example when we like to make new characters.Why? (It's a
mistake or it must be).

I'm looking forward your comments.
Yauheni Mikulski.