Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Paul Stearns <pa...@compuace.com.INVALID> on 2019/09/09 17:35:03 UTC

Future proof Flex/Flash apps.

Who would be able to help me assess which way to go to future proof Flex apps?We have 4 Flex (currently compiled with 3.6 SDK)  applications which are fully integrated with a FluorineFX/VB middle tier and Oracle DB tier. They currently run in browser based Flash with very little interaction with the browser. The applications will continue to be desktop applications, with no portable/tablet interface required.It appears we will need to do something prior to the end of 2020.One of the applications which uses the framework created in house is a Time Accounting System (TAS) which we could make available to anyone interested in helping us figure the easiest approach to maintain as much of the user interface as possible while minimizing the conversion effort.The applications have the look and feel of a desktop application with the flexibility of web deployment. A screenshot of the TAS system is attached.

Re: Future proof Flex/Flash apps.

Posted by mark goldin <ma...@gmail.com>.
Dont see screenshot.

Posted by Greg Dove <gr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Paul,
' The applications will continue to be desktop applications, with no
portable/tablet interface required. '

It was not entirely clear to me whether they will continue to be *web*
'desktop' applications? If not, one (relatively) quick option is to convert
the existing code to installable desktop applications built with AIR.

Otherwise if you are continuing to target the browser, the most direct way
to get to where you want to be is via Apache Royale.
Although I am not aware at this point of anyone using Apache Royale
specifically with FlourineFX, AMF remoting works (in the imminent 0.9.6
release) and it has been used in at least one app that has been in
production use for a number of months already.

In terms of support, one option is that Royale has page where you can
contact directly with some companies or individual developers. [1]

[1] https://royale.apache.org/royale-commercial-support/