Posted to dev@metron.apache.org by Houshang Livian <hl...@hortonworks.com> on 2016/05/11 21:40:19 UTC

[DISCUSS] New Incubator Website

Hi Team Metron,

I want to find out how you all feel about changing the website to be more modern and more of a showcase piece. I have an idea for a design that would make the project page more user friendly. What are your thoughts on this design?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e1bbsfz7xvgod14/Metron-1b.png?dl=0

Houshang Livian
Senior User Experience Designer
Hortonworks

www.hortonworks.com<http://www.hortonworks.com/>
________________________________

Mobile: (831) 521-4176<tel:(831)%20521-4176>
HLivian@hortonworks.com<ma...@hortonworks.com>
________________________________

Re: [DISCUSS] New Incubator Website

Posted by Nick Allen <ni...@nickallen.org>.
Love it. +1

Posted by Houshang Livian <hl...@hortonworks.com>.
Great point Larry. I pulled the content from another website and didn't edit the text.

Houshang Livian
Senior User Experience Designer
Hortonworks

www.hortonworks.com<http://www.hortonworks.com>
________________________________

Mobile: (831) 521-4176<tel:(831)%20521-4176>
HLivian@hortonworks.com<ma...@hortonworks.com>
________________________________

On May 11, 2016, at 4:11 PM, larry mccay <lm...@apache.org>> wrote:

+1 on the look and feel.

I'm not sure that we should be calling out companies separately from the
Metron community.

Please make sure to refer to Hadoop as Apache Hadoop on any landing page
like this. Deeper into the site, docs and blogs can shorten it.

Most importantly, the site content needs to have latest docs, videos,
blogs, etc.
On May 11, 2016 6:45 PM, "James Sirota" <js...@apache.org>> wrote:

I like this +1 from me

www.hortonworks.com<http://www.hortonworks.com><http://www.hortonworks.com/>
________________________________

Mobile: (831) 521-4176<tel:(831)%20521-4176>
HLivian@hortonworks.com<ma...@hortonworks.com>
________________________________

-------------------
Thank you,

James Sirota
PPMC- Apache Metron (Incubating)
jsirota AT apache DOT org

Re: [DISCUSS] New Incubator Website

Posted by Casey Stella <ce...@gmail.com>.
+1 for sure.

Posted by larry mccay <lm...@apache.org>.
+1 on the look and feel.

-------------------

Posted by James Sirota <js...@apache.org>.
I like this +1 from me

Posted by George Vetticaden <gv...@hortonworks.com>.
+ 1
Looks fantastic!
Would love to see these pushed out sooner than later..
There are some content we can include in it..including videos of Meetup,
links to various artifacts on the wiki, etc..

--
George Vetticaden
Principal, Senior Product Manager for Cyber Security / Metron