Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Felmon Davis <da...@union.edu> on 2014/08/04 06:22:23 UTC

table of content problem.

greets!

I am trying to generate a table of contents for a document which is a
compilation of papers written by several authors. the papers are
usually written in .doc or .docx file format. I have done this task
often before.

however, this time the TOC generates correct entries for the first two
papers:

title blah, blah, page #
author
affiliation

but whether I copy and paste or use insert from a .doc/.docx file or
one converted to .odt, the third entry includes the whole paper! (and
so on for the subsequent others.)

I can obviously write the TOC by hand but automatic generation is
better for obvious reasons but I can't figure out what accounts for
the failure or, much more important, how to work around it.

(I have not tried the route of making a 'master document' and would
prefer to avoid it.)

F.

--
Felmon Davis

I just forgot my whole philosophy of life!!!