Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/16 16:00:24 UTC

[Axis2] Deployment options for JSR 181 artifacts

Folks,

Picking back up from the old thread [1]. We already support specifying
JAXWSMessageReceiver in a services.xml and the ServiceClass pointing
to a class that has annotations.

Here are some additional options, we need to pick one or more of these:

Option #1: User drops jar into services directory. One or more of the
classes in the jar have a @Webservice Annotation. (Like the multiple
services in our services.xml). We could just pick up the Main-Class
attribute in the manifest like sanjiva mentioned instead of scanning
the whole jar. If that is absent then scan the whole jar.

Option #2: User creates a directory under services and drops the
class(es) under the directory. This is equivalent to creating a
services.xml under a directory like we have now.

repo/services/MyService/org/apache/sample/MyService.class

{Question here is, do we need the additional MyService directory layer)

Option #3: Variant of Option #1. But look under beans directory
(instead of services)

Option #4: Variant of Option #3. But look under beans directory
(instead of services). In this case the single class deployment looks
like this

repo/beans/org/apache/sample/MyService.class

Note: For both #1 and #2, we have to update the processing for
services.list to pick up the jars/classes for unpacked war deployment.
Since we can't traverse the directories in unpacked war. Right now we
specify the name of the aar(s) in services.list.

Did i miss anything? Please chime in quickly since we need to wrap
this up to get something working for 1.2's experimental support.

thanks,
dims

Re: [Axis2] Deployment options for JSR 181 artifacts

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Deepal,

Ok. Let's start with Option #1.

thanks,
dims

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.

>>So let's provide user flexibility of deploying a pojo as a jar file or
>>class file , if the file is jar then as you suggested in option1 we scan
>>though the jar and find the annotated files and make them a services.
>>

>If we provide the ability to deploy a pojo that isn't a jar, isn't that
>what option 2 is?  I could be missing something here.

Yes it is all most equal to option2 , but not allow to create folder
inside the directory (I mean you want be able to deploy services which
has package like org.xx.xx)

Thanks
Deepal

Re: [Axis2] Deployment options for JSR 181 artifacts

Posted by Nicholas L Gallardo <nl...@us.ibm.com>.
Deepal,

> So let's provide user flexibility of deploying a pojo as a jar file or
> class file , if the file is jar then as you suggested in option1 we scan
> though the jar and find the annotated files and make them a services.

If we provide the ability to deploy a pojo that isn't a jar, isn't that
what option 2 is?  I could be missing something here.

We don't have to do it for 1.2, but this is something that would be just
as useful for JAX-WS endpoints as it is for Axis2 endpoints.  Using this
in conjunction with a hot deployment capability would make service
development more developer friendly, as I'm guessing it does today for
Axis2 endpoints.

Regards,

Nicholas Gallardo
WebSphere  -  WebServices Development
nlgallar@us.ibm.com
Phone: 512-838-1182
Building: 901 / 5G-016

Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>
02/19/2007 12:12 AM
Please respond to
axis-dev@ws.apache.org

axis-dev@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Dims;

Posted by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.
Dims,

sure ping me on the list when you are ready.

Rajith

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.
folks,