Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Gustav Kristoffer Ek <st...@netcetera.dk> on 2000/11/09 01:38:59 UTC

problems compiling modperl under macos x pb

When I try compiling apache with modperl under macos x pb I got the
folowing error. Both the source for apache and modperl is the latest cvs
version. I do it "the flexible way"

perl Makefile.PL \
APACHE_SRC=../apache-1.3/src \
DO_HTTPD=1 \
USE_APACI=1 \
PREP_HTTPD=1 \
EVERYTHING=1 \
PERL_TRACE=1

make
make install

whitch goes fine, but when it comes to apache

./configure \
  --prefix=/Library/WebServer \
  --enable-module=status \
  --enable-module=info \
  --enable-module=rewrite \
  --enable-module=digest \
  --enable-module=proxy \
  --enable-module=unique_id \
  --activate-module=src/modules/perl/libperl.a

make

I got the folowin error:

===> src/modules/perl
cc -O3 -I/System/Library/Perl/darwin/CORE -g -pipe -pipe -fno-common
-DHAS_TELLDIR_PROTOTYPE -fno-strict-aliasing
-DMOD_PERL_VERSION=\"1.24_02-dev\" -DMOD_PERL_STRING_VERSION=\"mod_perl/1.24_02-dev\" -DPERL_TRACE=1
-I../.. -I/System/Library/Perl/darwin/CORE -I../../os/unix -I../../include
-DDARWIN -DMOD_PERL -DUSE_PERL_SSI -g -pipe -pipe -fno-common
-DHAS_TELLDIR_PROTOTYPE -fno-strict-aliasing -DUSE_HSREGEX -DUSE_EXPAT
-I../../lib/expat-lite -DNO_DL_NEEDED `../../apaci` -c mod_perl.c
mod_perl.c:387: syntax error, missing `;' after `)'
mod_perl.c:762: syntax error, missing `;' after `)'
mod_perl.c:855: syntax error, missing `;' after `)'
mod_perl.c:1165: syntax error, missing `;' after `)'
mod_perl.c:1479: syntax error, missing `;' after `)'
mod_perl.c:1479: illegal expression, found `register'
mod_perl.c:1484: illegal expression, found `char'
mod_perl.c:1485: illegal expression, found `int'
mod_perl.c:1486: illegal expression, found `char'
make[4]: *** [mod_perl.o] Error 1
make[3]: *** [all] Error 1
make[2]: *** [subdirs] Error 1
make[1]: *** [build-std] Error 2
make: *** [build] Error 2

perl is v5.6.0
cc is 2.7.2.1 from the developer cd.

Any hints?

- gustav

--
Gustav Kristoffer Ek,  Netcetera, Brolæggerstræde 4, 1211 København K
+45 33147000, +45 20400005, fax +45 33146200 http://www.netcetera.dk/

Re: problems compiling modperl under macos x pb

Posted by Gustav Kristoffer Ek <st...@netcetera.dk>.
On Thu, 9 Nov 2000, Ken Williams wrote:

> stoffer@netcetera.dk (Gustav Kristoffer Ek) wrote:
> >When I try compiling apache with modperl under macos x pb I got the
> >folowing error. Both the source for apache and modperl is the latest
> >cvs version.
>
> I couldn't get it to work either, but I don't have much experience
> troubleshooting this stuff:

Finally it worked. I found out, that the problem was about expanding
maccros (dTHR and others) and appearantly the compiler on
apples developer cd do preprocessing in an other way.

Adding -traditional-cpp in the Makefile worked for me.

- gustav

Posted by Ken Williams <ke...@forum.swarthmore.edu>.
stoffer@netcetera.dk (Gustav Kristoffer Ek) wrote:
>When I try compiling apache with modperl under macos x pb I got the
>folowing error. Both the source for apache and modperl is the latest
>cvs version.

I couldn't get it to work either, but I don't have much experience
troubleshooting this stuff:

  http://forum.swarthmore.edu/epigone/modperl/beeginjar

Looks like you got farther than I did.  My compilation got hung up in
the Apache part - since OS X comes with Apache, there should be some way
to get this to work, though.  I think I wasn't working with Apache CVS,
but with 1.3.14 or something.

I got no responses from my post, so I'm not sure whether others have
succeeded or found anything out.

  Ken Williams                             Last Bastion of Euclidity
  ken@forum.swarthmore.edu                            The Math Forum