Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Abushammala, Hani (EXTERN: conceptQ)" <ex...@volkswagen.de> on 2012/02/15 14:59:06 UTC

[Tobago] Problem while determining the view id

Hello,

I've a problem by determining the view id when using the url '../faces'
and '../faces/' to call the web application. Is it a normal behavior of
Tobago or jsf that the determined view id null or '/' in this case?
I got this error log "Assumed extension mapping, but there is no
extension in '/faces' or '/faces/'". In this case the
RestoreViewExecutor of Tobago tries to create the view from
ExternalContext.getRequestServletPath(). With '/faces' as
ExternalContext.getRequestServletPath() the redirection doesn't works
correctly, the redirection ignores the context path of the application.
With '/faces/' as ExternalContext.getRequestServletPath() the restoring
or creating the view doesn't works with null as view id.

By calling the application with '../faces/' i've also noticed that the
determining of ExternalContext.getRequestPathInfo() and
ExternalContext.getRequestServletPath() returns different values on
different servers (e.g tomcat and Websphere).

The application details:

Servlet mapping:
<servlet-mapping>
  <servlet-name>FacesServlet</servlet-name>
  <url-pattern>/faces/*</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

Libs:
tobago-core-1.0.38.jar
myfaces-impl-1.1.9.jar
myfaces-api-1.1.9.jar

Server:
Tomcat 6.0.18
Websphere 6.1

Regards,
Hani

AW: [Tobago] Problem while determining the view id

Posted by "Abushammala, Hani (EXTERN: conceptQ)" <ex...@volkswagen.de>.
Hello Udo,

Actually, some users of our application use these urls instead of the home page to call the application and this ends with exception or redirction to unavailable resource.
I would like to know, if this is a problem of tobago or myfaces by determining the view id from the URL.

To prevent this behavior in our application i've used a servlet filter to redirect automatically to the home page of the application by using these urls.

Many thanks,
Hani

sorry, but I'm not sure what your scenario is.
Where do you use '../faces' and why? In the link attribute of a tc:link
or tc:button or in navigation rules? Or in links from outside of JSF?

There is a part in JSF that "guesses" the view id from the URL and it
might be a problem when using ../faces.

What is the application case?

Regards,

Udo

Re: [Tobago] Problem while determining the view id

Posted by Udo Schnurpfeil <ud...@schnurpfeil.de>.
Hallo Hani,