Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2006/06/08 10:28:13 UTC

building plexus based apps with jetty6

Hi,

Just a note for those interested in the repository manager, and I guess
Continuum trunk - if you are using jetty6 beta-12 or above, you need to
run this instead:

mvn jetty6:run -Dorg.mortbay.jetty.webapp.parentLoaderPriorty=true

(Typo is deliberate)

There was a change in beta-12 where the classloading went to "webapp
style" instead of "java2 style", and that means that the webapp winds up
with stuff from the maven core where it never used to (yes, that sounds
back to front to me too, I haven't figured out what is going on yet).
The above parameter uses java2 style (parent first).

See JETTY-62 for more info.

Cheers,
Brett

--